Not sure if this is the right subforum, but...

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by silver92b, May 20, 2013.

1. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    OM-D with Oly 12-50 lens, handheld on "macro" function... First imaged was cropped, and the second is cropped from the first.

elgin5.

elgin6.

c/c appreciated

2. Rudy

Rudy Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    You need more light!
    A flash would allow you to shoot at f/11 (roughly the sweet spot for this lens in macro) and ISO 200 to reduce noise while reducing any effects of camera shake. Of course a tripod would help as well.
    Rudy
    p.s. the shot doesn't actually show any motion blur, but I have a feeling that you might have picked the best fro a series of shots...

3. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks for the tips and suggestions. I really need to learn the sweet spots for my lenses. The shot was hand held indoors with available light (natural/incandescent). It was the only one of that view of the watch. I was actually pleased and surprised by the results. I wish I had a tripod, You are right about the light though...

4. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    Actually, they are amazingly sharp for handheld. What iso and shutter speed were you using? For cleaner images I would take Rudy's advice. You might try again with a tripod and do a side by side comp.

5. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Not wrong but a watch thread here!

I'd like to see a bit more asymmetry in the composition (watch body off center and a bit more - or all - off the chain). I like asymmetry.

6. Rudy

Rudy Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    The EXIF shows ISO1600 at 1/50, f/6.
    I got the EXIF plugin for Firefox.
    I highly recommend it.
    Rudy

7. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

That is very nifty plugin.

8. Pecos

Pecos Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 20, 2013
    The Natural State
    Flashes? You don't need no stinkin' flashes!
    Great shot as-is.

9. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Just for kicks I tried a tripod, 1" shutter speed f11 with a manual Canon 50mm 1:3.5 macro

elgin8.