1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Not sure if this is the right subforum, but...

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by silver92b, May 20, 2013.

1. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    OM-D with Oly 12-50 lens, handheld on "macro" function... First imaged was cropped, and the second is cropped from the first.

elgin5.

elgin6.

c/c appreciated

2. Rudy

Rudy Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    You need more light!
    A flash would allow you to shoot at f/11 (roughly the sweet spot for this lens in macro) and ISO 200 to reduce noise while reducing any effects of camera shake. Of course a tripod would help as well.
    Rudy
    p.s. the shot doesn't actually show any motion blur, but I have a feeling that you might have picked the best fro a series of shots...

3. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks for the tips and suggestions. I really need to learn the sweet spots for my lenses. The shot was hand held indoors with available light (natural/incandescent). It was the only one of that view of the watch. I was actually pleased and surprised by the results. I wish I had a tripod, You are right about the light though...

4. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    Actually, they are amazingly sharp for handheld. What iso and shutter speed were you using? For cleaner images I would take Rudy's advice. You might try again with a tripod and do a side by side comp.

5. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Not wrong but a watch thread here!

I'd like to see a bit more asymmetry in the composition (watch body off center and a bit more - or all - off the chain). I like asymmetry.

6. Rudy

Rudy Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    The EXIF shows ISO1600 at 1/50, f/6.
    I got the EXIF plugin for Firefox.
    I highly recommend it.
    Rudy

7. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

That is very nifty plugin.

8. Pecos

Pecos Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 20, 2013
    The Natural State
    Flashes? You don't need no stinkin' flashes!
    Great shot as-is.

9. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Just for kicks I tried a tripod, 1" shutter speed f11 with a manual Canon 50mm 1:3.5 macro

elgin8.