1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

not sure if i have problems with my omd ?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by colorado_photog, Jul 4, 2012.

1. colorado_photog

colorado_photog Mu-43 Regular

Jun 28, 2012
    Colorado
  2. Liamness

Liamness Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    I would help if you told us what you think the problem is. I just imported the file into lightroom, and I can't see what you mean.

3. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Looks normal - the focus is near the center of the dandelion. You don't have much depth of field at f/6 focusing so close, so there's only a tiny area that's sharp. Try f/11 or f/16.

DH

4. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    If you think your sensor is dirty, it would help to take a pic of something white/solid at f22, iso 200.

...not sure if that's what you mean by "problems". More thorough instructions can be found online.

5. colorado_photog

colorado_photog Mu-43 Regular

Jun 28, 2012
    Colorado
    Sorry for leaving that part out in lightroom the left and right bottom corners look bolchy instead of noisy

6. Liamness

Liamness Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Looks fine to me. Try taking a photo where there's some detail in those corners, that'll give you a better idea of whether the sensor's performing normally. If you're worried about dust, as others have said, take a photo of a white surface at a highish aperture.

7. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Unfortunately this is not a good image for testing this since most of the image is out of focus (due to narrow DOF). Other than that I see nothing wrong (in Photoshop).

Maybe has to do with how Lightroom handles DNG. Suggest posting an ORF next time (DNG is already a changed image and is not RAW).