Not much to do with photography.

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by microfourthirdsnut, Oct 29, 2012.

1. microfourthirdsnut

microfourthirdsnut Mu-43 Regular

Oct 8, 2012
    I just want to wish every one thats in the path or is effected by the super storm Sandy the best and good luck.
    I live in Cleveland and man oh man the winds are getting bad they expect gust to be around 70 mph by morning and we are no where near the coast.
    And rain to much rain.
    So good luck to all in the path of Sandy.

Sorry did not see the other thread on Sandy but still wish everyone the best of luck.
    • Like Like x 4
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    They're calling for 15-19 foot waves on the lake as well - who would have expected a tropical storm on Lake Erie!?! :biggrin:
  3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Yeah, both BC and Ontario getting hit by hurricanes? We normally don't expect that up in Canada...
  4. troutgeek

troutgeek Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2012
    Madison, WI area.
    Even here in Wisconsin we're expecting waves up to 33 ft high on our east coast. Everybody stay safe out there.
  5. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    I totally understand, here in Colorado it's sunny and dry...sorry couldn't resist. I gave my brother in Northern Jersey the same line. :p Of course I hope all the best for everyone to be safe and dry as possible.
  6. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

40 miles NW of Philly, we lost power last night about 8. No estimates from power company. Hundreds of thousands in the same boat. Generator took us through the night, and I have a wood stove keeping us warm.

Thanks for the kind wishes - this has been some storm.