1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Not Ansel Adams, but...

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by BarefootPilgrim, Aug 12, 2011.

1. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Some gorgeous pix of Yosemite National Park (California) shot with the G3 by Hollywood papparazzi David Eustace are featured today in a Guardian article. Take a look here...

• Like Like x 13
  2. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Thanks for sharing the link---those are some great photos indeed! All the discussions about less-than-stellar- dynamic range on the :43: format fade away as I look at those images. No, they are not quite AA and Zone System, but spectacular nontheless.

:thumbup:

3. Tom Swaman

Tom Swaman Mu-43 Veteran

If only my photos looked as good.....Thanks for sharing these wonderful images/link.

My thought for the results is that perhaps we ought to credit the photographer first and the gear second. Just my two cents.

Best regards,
    Tom

4. BruPri

BruPri Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2010
    Seattle
    I feel confident saying that ANY picture taking device you give the guy would yield impressive results...

5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Just to make a correction, from his website he seems shoot celebrities by invitation. Real paparazzi shoot candid photos regardless of permission. To call him a paparazzi is an insult to those who abide by true candid celebrity photography. :wink:

6. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    +1 He's not in any way paparazzi...

Anyway, great campaign!

7. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    +1 to great photos.

I've been saying for a while now, if someone can't get publication quality photos from m43 the problem isn't the equipment, it's the user.

8. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Yosemite is possibly the most beautiful spot in the world (regardless of season).
    G

9. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    I guess they were shot as part of this commercial for G3,
    [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SptENTtwZ-4]Yosemite Park through the eyes of David Eustace -- Panasonic Lumix G3 - YouTube[/ame]

10. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    A very nice ad, but they should have interspersed some of the stills. That would have made it even more powerful.

11. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hmmmm.... I prefer Kings Canyon (just south of Yosemite). Much less crowded, too. On the down side the bears are more inquisitive as well.

12. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I find Kings Canyon more of a singular cathedral dedicated to and of Sequoias ... I see Yosemite as this multi-faceted collection of a dozen or so environments all seamlessly blended together in a panorama of color and nature.

Gary

PS- And I agree, Kings is much less crowded ... so the less you and I speak of Kings the better. :wink:
    G

13. arbutusq

arbutusq Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2011
    Very good pics. What I find most interesting from a technical standpoint in his photos is that he blows highlights and has blocked up shadows all over the place, something that gets people in photography forums seeing red (in adobe rgb colorspace no less) and the photos are still great.

I've never been to Yosemite and this really makes me want to go.

14. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    He is a great photographer and Panasonic keep using him, he also shot some of the advertising images for the GF1 using his daughter as a model (shot of her on a bridge parapet)

15. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Amazing images that endorse the capabilities of Mu43 cameras.

I am jealous of you guys having that stunning area close enough to visit and shoot.