1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

nostalgic Manila

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Adubo, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    5 days back home in Manila, everything felt different, unusual and uneasy... but it also felt comforting.

everything felt different but once i had a camera on my face, it wasn't different at all. it wasn't any different from how i shot before i left, and how i shot California.
    its very relaxing although very hot AND humid, 90something F for you folks in the US, 30something C for the rest of the world:biggrin:

i had the pleasure to shoot yesterday with Dave (xdayv) and we had hella fun walking around, familiarizing ourselves once again with RF style shooting, wedid some catching up and it was fun meeting another good friend from this forum. :smile:

some of my images a mixed bag of G1 7-14 f4 and X-E1 and Industar61 52mm f2.8

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
  2. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    I have to concur that those ultra wide shots offer very cool perspective of the streets in Manila! Had fun time shooting with you Sir...

3. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    I did, too sir Dave! Lets shoot again with Mic and hopefully meet more mu-43 members!

4. marygoround

marygoround Mu-43 Regular

Jul 19, 2012
    Philippines
    Mary
    Very nice photos, andrew! :)

5. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    Hi Mary! Lon time no... Posts? Haha thanks! I wish we could all meet up sooner than later

6. audiodrive

audiodrive Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Prairies
    jef
    Excellent set!

Im missing Manila now!!!

7. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Excellent Adu (although some are a little too dark for me -- or maybe it's my office monitor? :biggrin:).

Dave, where's yours? :)

I have to disagree with Jef though - not missing Manila too much from those shots. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  8. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    the moment i stepped into quiapo and put that camera on my face was ooooh sooo good

9. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    the people are very much different from what is portrayed (and the reality of it), as painful and as depressing on how the nature of how they live, they still have that "keep on smiling" attitude.

yes sir Hyubie, accidentally put the -2 on the EV compensation switch - BUT i just didnt want to do too much PP on it, thats the truth lol. thanks, tho!

10. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Really a fine set, but I also found several to be a bit too dark. Very interesting perspectives. :thumbup:

11. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    Thanks RevBob! Kinda got lazy on the PP side of things. Hehe

12. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Dave
    Was in TAC the whole week... just came back, let's see what we can do LOL! :biggrin:

13. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Dave
    It's been a really nice feeling to rekindle the rangefinder experience, it had been more than a month I couldn't shoot with it because of what the typhoon has left us last November 8. I had to relegate the photography tasks to Micro 4/3s as the security in our place is not that safe until now. Since Andrew (aka Adubo) and I decided to shoot here (and finally meet up after a few failed attempts many months ago hehe... one fine dude btw!), I made sure I brought the rangefinder. Here's my small share from the streets of Manila...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  14. Web-Betty

Web-Betty Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2013
    Denver
    MJ
    Wonderful shots xdayv!

15. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Good stuff Andrew.

Gary

16. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    Thanks, SeƱor!

17. JustinZ850

JustinZ850 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 25, 2013
    Florida Panhandle
    Justin
    Good stuff in this thread, thanks for sharing!!

Counting the days down until I leave this work trip in Africa to head over to the Philippines to visit my wife!

18. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    thats awesome! I hope we can shoot when you get here...? happy holidays!

19. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Dave
    here's another set...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3