NorthWest UK Meetups & Workshops

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by GaryCh, Apr 27, 2010.

1. GaryCh

GaryCh Mu-43 Regular

Apr 14, 2010
    I've started a group for the NorthWest members. The idea is to get enough members that we can arrange meets, workshops and generally tinker with other bodies, adapters and lenses we might be considering ourselves. Most of all we're about enjoying our hobby collectively and having fun.

view/join the group here

If you're in the NorthWest area please join and show your support. I'm determined to make a go of this so I've set up a telephone number if you have any enquiries or just fancy a chat.

mu-43 NorthWest Meetups
    (0845) 287-1724

I'm also hoping we can get some regular workshops... kinetic photography, panoramas, focus stacking, etc. So, whether you're new to the hobby or an old hand you'll be very welcome.

This is your group so please do show your support and help us plan the types of activities we'll be organising in the future.

See you soon,

• Like Like x 2
  2. grum

grum Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2010
  3. vincechu

vincechu Mu-43 Regular

Thanks for posting this, I think its a great idea and would love to participate and help out in anyway possible.

ps I just tried the link for the group and I can't seem to get it to work - edit at 1501pm Grum's posted the correct link above
  4. GaryCh

GaryCh Mu-43 Regular

Apr 14, 2010
    Thanks grum, fixed it : )

Glad to have you guys aboard.

It seems there are a LOT of NW members here, so we should get a decent group going. The northwest has also got some fantastic venues for photography outings/workshops : )

Anyway, first order of business is to get the word out. The faster we can recruit members the sooner we can start organising activities.

5. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Well done Gary, good luck with it! :2thumbs:

6. BartonFlyer

BartonFlyer Mu-43 Regular

Jan 21, 2010
    Bolton, UK
    I look forward to a first meeting!
  7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Very cool. I'll put this on the site front page for more exposure. Maybe consider putting a link to this group in your sig?
  8. BruPri

BruPri Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2010
    I was all excited...

Then I saw Northwest...UK

Bruce Pritchard
    Northwest United States
    • Like Like x 1
  9. BartonFlyer

BartonFlyer Mu-43 Regular

Jan 21, 2010
    Bolton, UK
    Bruce - you can always invite us all over - you'd certainly be made very welcome here :smile:
  10. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    I posted on the group thread, after joining ...
    I assumed this was simply the latest in a whole gamut of county/area groups ... but it's the first one! Super.
    I guess I should post here too ... advertising and all that.
    Tomorrow there'll be a lot of wierd looking folks at the Swallow Hotel, London road Carlisle ...