Northern Illinoisan!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Zeamays, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Zeamays

Zeamays Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 6, 2011
    Northern Illinois
    Greetings folks!

I've been lurking on these forums since sometime in November doing camera research on the m4/3 system. You guys were a great help, and I went ahead and recently got a Panasonic G2. Love it! I'm new to anything beyond point and shoot photography, so I've got a lot of learning to do.

I've been taking photos with point and shoots for years. Over the last couple years I've had an iPhone in my pocket, which has been fun for grabbing quick shots. I shoot a lot of agriculture-related photos; I was born and raised on a farm, and I'm in the industry as an adult. Winter is a bit frustrating for me with a new camera--there's nothing growing and no field work going on!

I've got a Flickr archive going back a few years: Flickr: ZeaMays' Photostream and I'm attempting a 'photo almost every day' project over on Blipfoto: Blipfoto :: Cornwuff :: 5 January 2011

Thanks for being such a great resource!

• Like Like x 2
  2. vintageslrs

vintageslrs Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2010
    Welcome Zeamays!

Glad you joined!
    Hope you visit often and post often.
    Nice folks here with plenty of knowledge.
    Enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Welcome from California ... I'm new here too and new to micro 4/3rds so i guess we can learn together.

Gary

• Like Like x 1
  4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Zeamays.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome and Hello from Scotland :smile:

All the best,

Colin

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Zeamays, welcome from cold and snowy New York!

Please consider adding your photo links to your signature line (using the User Control Panel) and also over on the Links forum (see the top right hand corner for the Links tab) - and be sure to post some in the threads, as well.

Glad to have you here with that G2!:biggrin:

7. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi and welcome here.

8. Welcome from another northern Illini. I know what you mean about the frustrating winter weather. We had 1-2 ft. of snow and everything looked so nice and clean. Then three days of 50 degrees plus and now all looks gray and dirty.

9. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Hello flatlanders. Get out there and take some cool grimy, grainy shots, bitter, cold shots. I love winter photography.
    From a Wisconsin-ite