NOOB , Just received my GH2

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Seabreeze, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Seabreeze

Seabreeze New to Mu-43

Dec 22, 2011
    Hi all,

New to micro 4/3, and thought this would be a good place to learn about the camera I just received.

Is there a easy guide on how to set all the functions, on the GH2 to get me started. Short of reading the instruction book that came with it

Checked out u tube , but there was no tutorials on basic settings.
  2. sinpig

sinpig Mu-43 Regular

Sep 2, 2010
    Superior, WI
    Welcome aboard, I have the GH2 and love it. I'm new to photography so my advice won't get you far. I think your basic setting will depend on what you're trying to achieve.

But hey, I'll say charge the battery and take that baby for a spin, have the manual handy and at least until you get used to it turn off the touch LCD, it's amazing how often you bump your settings with this darn thing!!

Congrats on your holiday acquisition.
  3. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Congrats on the GH2 and welcome aboard! I think there are books on the GH2. But if you have more specific questions, I'd be more than happy to try to answer them. My old man has my GH2 now, but I can go from memory. Sorta! :)
  4. pawzitiv

pawzitiv Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2010

Reading owner's guides/instruction manuals are now pretty much mandatory for digital cameras if you want to get your head wrapped around all the menu selections and what they do. Unfortunately, Panasonic's manuals are far from being an easy, informative read.
  5. Seabreeze

Seabreeze New to Mu-43

Dec 22, 2011
    Appreciate the comments... Looks like I'll be doing some reading over the weekend.

Zuiko Digital 14-54mm F2.8-3.5 II & 50 200 F2.8-3.5
    are the 4/3 lens that need an micro adapter to work, and will I still have AF, or are the micro lens
  6. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    4/3 lenses require an adapter to be used on micro 4/3 bodies like the GH2. The Panasonic DMW-MA1 and Olympus MMF-1 and MMF-2 adapters are the only ones that work fully with 4/3 lenses.

Autofocus works in S-AF (single mode), but varies in speed and accuracy. C-AF (continuous/aka tracking AF) does not work. The 14-54II is one of the faster 4/3 lenses on m4/3 (1.5-2 seconds to confirm focus), the 50-200SWD is one of the slowest (3-6 seconds). Native lenses are much faster than either (<0.5 seconds).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Seabreeze

Seabreeze New to Mu-43

Dec 22, 2011
    Wow, Thanks for the info.

Which would you recommend in Native

Lumix G VARIO 14-45mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA OIS Lens
    LUMIX® GX VARIO PZ 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / POWER OIS Lens

Zuiko Digital 14-42mmf3.5-5.6 II
  8. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Lumix G VARIO 14-45mm if you can find one
    • Like Like x 1
  9. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Seabreeze

Seabreeze New to Mu-43

Dec 22, 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions..
  11. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Wow! I am always on the subwoofer forum on AVS, didn't realize this sub forum.