Noob in Houston, TX

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Olof, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Olof

Olof New to Mu-43

Apr 10, 2010
    Hi all,

I'm new to photography but decided i wanted to learn.

I thought about getting an SLR but when i went to the Houston Camera Exchange to check out the Canon T2i I was introduced to a few Olympus micro four thirds. And I realized that it had all I needed to understand photography while still being fairly small.

So far I've had a lot of fun. I got the E-PL1 with the 14-42 stock lens and I also got the Panasonic 45-200 lens.

Recently I had a night out with my girlfriend and two of her friends, all of which happens to enjoy being photographed. And I had just learned about taking sequential shots. So the next day when I upload the pictures I realize I had taken 2153 pictures. Wow.

So, anyway, complete noob, but having fun.

I got Aperture for organizing stuff. I've thought about getting Lightroom 2 or trying the Lightroom 3 Beta but so far Aperture is working well for me.

I've thought about taking some classes just to kick start my skills.

I hope to learn lots of things from you guys.

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Welcome, Olof and congratulations on your E-PL1...and already 2153 photographs under your belt!:biggrin: Please make yourself at home, ask questions and when you have a chance pick out a couple of photos and post them. Be sure to check out The Housekeeping forum where there are several "stickies" that explain the ins and outs of embedding photographs, uploading them to a gallery and other important "how to" items.

Glad to have you here.:thumbup:

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Olof ! Congrats on your E-PL1. Take a seat and enjoy this community.

4. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  5. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Wellcome Olof and thank for your introduction:smile:

6. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    Welcome...

Make yourself home : we've all got to learn from each others here.