Non-m43 question. GOPRO HERO 4

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by uhhitsfuzzy, Sep 30, 2014.

1. uhhitsfuzzy

uhhitsfuzzy Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 19, 2013
    So.. Gopro 4 is about to come out with 4k/30fps. With that 4k, can we pull stills? Gh4 and fz1000 has 4k and we can pull 8mp stills. Any ideas?

Thanks In advance.

2. If you import the video into something like LR or PS... I am sure you can get a still from that. However, quality of the still is a different subject. I am not a fan of the GoPro stuff. They are ranked below most newer smartphones in IQ.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    The appeal of gopro is waterproof and rugged action cam with ultrawide lens. They're not super flexible or general purpose.

• Like Like x 1
  4. uhhitsfuzzy

uhhitsfuzzy Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 19, 2013
    Oh ok. Thanks for the info. Just the thought of flying a drone to take 4k vids and just pull stills from the vid seems like a good idea. If you guys have time check out @copterpilot on Instagram. That's how I thought of pulling stills from a 4k vid.

5. uhhitsfuzzy

uhhitsfuzzy Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 19, 2013
  6. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

You can pull stills from any video if you have software that will do it. Will it look good? that is the question!

7. uhhitsfuzzy

uhhitsfuzzy Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 19, 2013
    yes. that is that question. An 8MP still is still usable. I just wonder if we can pull an 8MP still from the new gopro 4k vid. I guess we will see when it comes out on October :)

thanks for all the response

8. uhhitsfuzzy

uhhitsfuzzy Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 19, 2013
    i just got a reply from GoPro. They said that we can pull an 8mp still from a 4k vid.

9. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011