1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Non-m43 question. GOPRO HERO 4

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by uhhitsfuzzy, Sep 30, 2014.

1. uhhitsfuzzy

uhhitsfuzzy Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 19, 2013
    So.. Gopro 4 is about to come out with 4k/30fps. With that 4k, can we pull stills? Gh4 and fz1000 has 4k and we can pull 8mp stills. Any ideas?

Thanks In advance.

2. synthetictone

synthetictone Mu-43 Regular

May 22, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Dean
    If you import the video into something like LR or PS... I am sure you can get a still from that. However, quality of the still is a different subject. I am not a fan of the GoPro stuff. They are ranked below most newer smartphones in IQ.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    The appeal of gopro is waterproof and rugged action cam with ultrawide lens. They're not super flexible or general purpose.

• Like Like x 1
  4. uhhitsfuzzy

uhhitsfuzzy Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 19, 2013
    Oh ok. Thanks for the info. Just the thought of flying a drone to take 4k vids and just pull stills from the vid seems like a good idea. If you guys have time check out @copterpilot on Instagram. That's how I thought of pulling stills from a 4k vid.

5. uhhitsfuzzy

uhhitsfuzzy Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 19, 2013
  6. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

You can pull stills from any video if you have software that will do it. Will it look good? that is the question!

7. uhhitsfuzzy

uhhitsfuzzy Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 19, 2013
    yes. that is that question. An 8MP still is still usable. I just wonder if we can pull an 8MP still from the new gopro 4k vid. I guess we will see when it comes out on October :)

thanks for all the response

8. uhhitsfuzzy

uhhitsfuzzy Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 19, 2013
    i just got a reply from GoPro. They said that we can pull an 8mp still from a 4k vid.

9. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011