1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Noktor ?

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Herman, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    It is rumored that a new 0.95 Noktor lens will be announced March 1.
    Is Noktor a real company, I did not find their website.

Comments welcome!

Enjoy your day.
    Kind regards, Herman

2. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    http://noktor.com/

Just a front to a twitter page, many think its a fake, I guess we will see shortly.

Out of interest noktor.com is Registered to ENOM, INC who are a hosting company - seems like a fake to me to drive traffic to their website.

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Craig, thanks for your reply.
    I don't thrust the Noktor story.

Have a nice day.
    Kind regards, Herman

4. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    43 rumors says it happening , they gave it a 5 score

5. kai.e.g.

kai.e.g. Mu-43 Regular

The 43 rumors site is kind of stupid sometimes. Visit Ebay, and there are usually a dozen such lenses available at any time every week. It appears that all they've done is welded a m4/3rds c-mount adapter to an existing TV lens (verdict seems to be Senko)... changed the name to Noktor, and voil√°: a lens is "born". Bah humbug.

f/0.95 c-mount lenses are seriously over-priced at the moment. They are simply not worth the cost, from the images I've seen to date. f/1.2 is only half a stop slower, can be had in abundance, and for a fraction of the cost. A Canon FD 50mm f/1.2 lens will knock this Senko/"Noktor" off its little mount any day!

6. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
  7. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    It appears that I and many others eat their words today :)

http://noktor.com/

50mm - around £495

8. noodlehaus

noodlehaus Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2010
    Oh, that's pretty expensive :(

9. F1L1P

F1L1P Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 2, 2010
    Europe
    yeah, pretty expensive, but a nice marketing strategy with rumours, expectations, twitter :smile:

10. kai.e.g.

kai.e.g. Mu-43 Regular

No company location. No phone number. "Copyright Noktor" (is it Noktor inc, Nokor Pty Ltd, Noktor SrL, Noktor Sa, V.E.B. Noktor....??)

Sorry, I'm not buying it (the hype I mean - I'm obviously not buying the lens!) -- this is at best a garage operation converting old stock, and nothing I've seen suggests otherwise. I love eating words, and even ate part of a shoe once, so will be more than willing to do so if this company reveals itself to be anything more than a couple of guys with an eBay account and a stock of old lenses to refurbish.

11. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    It's there !

It's there. Website I mean. Contact info with phone number http://noktor.com/contact.php
    Even a poll is on their website. Price USD 750 (preorder, free shipping at Apr 15).
    Their marketing campagne was great!:thumbup:

Who will buy this lens?:rolleyes:

Have a nice day.
    Kind regards, Herman

12. kai.e.g.

kai.e.g. Mu-43 Regular

I missed the phone #. I believe that is in Atlanta, Georgia.

I hope someone less skeptical than me will fork out the $$ and show us what it's capable of. I guess the first thing one would do with it is paint that light green colouring at the front of the lens black.

13. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  14. steve

steve Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2010
    Havertown, PA
    Okay, it's real. But is it any good? I just reviewed the slideshow at theleggett.com and while interesting, the images were not sharp at all. I'm not sure it that is because of the photographer's lack of experience with MF, or a symptom of the lens itself. And for 750 (US), much better quality MF lenses can be had.

15. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

I'll reserve judgement on it until I read some reviews / opinions I can trust. At the moment it does seem a bit of a fly-by-night operation but I could well be wrong. Wait and see...

16. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    The "review" images left a lot to be desired, I wont be parting with that much money for it - still got my eyes set on the 45 PL.

17. Ranger 9

Ranger 9 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2009
    Okay, so I'm a geek -- I downloaded one of the Noktor demo images from the Flickr photostream, did some of the same stuff I usually do to my own images made with ultra-speed lenses, and it cleaned up quite nicely.

I suspect we'll be seeing better-looking results from these lenses once they get into the hands of more photographers and they get more experience with them. Mainstream lenses nowadays have had most peculiarities scienced out of them, but ultraspeeds are still quirky and have a bit of a learning curve.

18. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    What I have never been able to get an answer to is the actual field of view that a C mount lens provides on m4/3s. C mount lenses are designed for smaller film (sensor) formats, so does a 50mm C mount lens have a similar field of view, say in m4/3s, as a 50mm SLR lens has on 35mm film? Or is it wider or otherwise? This is similarly related to Pen lenses designed for a half frame camera.

Cheers

Ray

19. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    ive seen some pdf info on c mount len that give the image circle coverage also i think it varies by focal l. the 50s giving better coverage than the wider ones ,if i come across the numbers again ill bookmark it and post a link

20. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    Image circle doesn't give the answer. There's a link around that shows which C mount lenses cover the m4/3s sensor and usualy it's 25mm and over, but it dioesn't say what the effective field of view is with each lens. My assumption is that a C mount lens with a 50mm focal length would be somewhat the same as a m4/3s lens with a 25mm focal length (give or take).

Cheers

Ray