1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Noktor lens question (Need help soon)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Tothepetercopter, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Tothepetercopter

Tothepetercopter Mu-43 Regular

Feb 1, 2012
    Indiana
    I'm looking at a 50mm Noktor Hyperprime lens. I know these primarily have a green ring but the one I'm looking at has a normal black ring and says "TV lens".

What's the difference if any?

2. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 All-Pro

There are rumors that the Noktor Hyperprime is just a rebadged Goyo GMY45095MCN TV lens, which retails for less than half the price. Noktor of course claims that they do something besides rebrand the lens and put a different mount, specifically that they "optimize the lens against internal reflections," but you're free to come to your own conclusions. I would assume that this is an early copy of the Goyo lens, before Noktor adequately differentiated their version.

3. punkman

punkman Mu-43 Regular

Dec 30, 2011
    Europe
    Interesting, can you share a picture of the lens?

4. Tothepetercopter

Tothepetercopter Mu-43 Regular

Feb 1, 2012
    Indiana
  5. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 All-Pro

6. punkman

punkman Mu-43 Regular

Dec 30, 2011
    Europe
    Well that's proof that the SLR Magic Noktor lens is a repurposed CCTV lens. I've seen a lot of comments that give too much credit to SLR Magic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.