1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Noktor is done

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Hyubie, May 10, 2011.

1. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
  2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    I don't think they ever started....

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    killer comment! :clapping:
    :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Psynema

Psynema Mu-43 Regular

May 14, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Gary Hanna
    Good, 50mm .95 looked bad and costs about the same as a nokton 50mm 1.1, which will cut you wide open.

5. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    The appear to be back with a new owner (slrmagic if you head to the contact page).

Noktor

Lens status is still consistently "Out of Stock".

6. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    You're correct, the website is back :wink:

7. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    No wonder why it didn't last. $800 for a re branded CCTV lens? No thanks.

8. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    Ditto: good riddance. Watch Chinese TV channels to have an idea of the accepted IQ standards. Add some trademark issues with Voigtländer's Nokton. Vapourware at best, if not plain hoax.
    Btw, Panasonic m43 video camera just got approved by BBC for HD broadcast, and CV 25/0.95 could follow soon.

9. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    +100

10. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

I remember when they 1st came out with there first run of the 50mm .95 lens a couple years ago. they were selling for $750 USD

11. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
  12. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

yea and then consider that the lens is identical to a c-mount one that sells for less. I forgot wich brand it was they had make them tho

13. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Now that's good news! :2thumbs:

14. linkedit

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    Do you know what lens that is?

15. harrysue

harrysue Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2011
    A few people think these are based on Senko lenses, specifically the VFA2595H, a 25mm f.95 and the VFA5095H, a 50mm f.95. Here's the prices from one distributor in single lot quantities.

Senko CCTV Lenses

Not cheap at $500 and 900 respectively, so they must be good for CCTV's at least. If the usual 2X margin applied, these lenses may cost the distributers in the $300/500 range?

16. linkedit

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    Their new 50mm Noktor is definitely the VFA5095H, they look identical and have the same specs.

17. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Yes its the same lens (50mm f0.95 as Senko makes in Cmount). Like i said already I couldn't remember the manufacturers name at the time, but it looks identical when you see a photo of it at the site. I remember because when the lens was 1st talked about and the site went up a couple years ago there was talk on one of the forums about who made the lens for them and that it was just with a different mount. At the time I looked at the company site for the c-mount manufacturer they were talking about and the lens was selling for just one hundred dollars less, and i remember thinking that it was not a bad markup considering it has a native mount now.
    But now that SLR Magic is selling them again them they raised the price another two hundred. Even with taking inflation into account , that's a hellofa increase in almost 2 years.

18. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    L.A.
    I don't get it. Why would anyone buy an adapted CCTV lens at such ridiculous prices when there are so many better legacy and native lenses available?

19. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Seriously ?
    OK , your saying there is another legacy lens (besides a used C-mount like you said) that is and f/0.95 and covers the full sensor and costs the same or less.
    I get why this f/0.95 lens costs this much BRAND NEW mind you, with warranty..
    Currently I only know of only one other new f/0.95 lens for the micro four thirds and that is the Voightlander 25mm f0.95 and costs about 1200 USD, but if you know of another lens at this wide aperture that is not a C-mount lens and costs less Please post it, we would all like to know.

Although i will say this if i had 1000 USD to spend on a lens i would pay an extra 200 to get the better quality Voightlander. But 2 years ago when the C-mount cousin of the Nokton only cost 700, that much of a savings would have been worth it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I'll spend the extra $9300 and get the Leica 50mm Noctilux for $10,500. 'cause it's a Leica, of course. ;)

• Like Like x 1