1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Noktor Hyperprime 50/f0.95 is in stock now.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by sabesh, May 8, 2010.

1. sabesh

sabesh Mu-43 Veteran

• Like Like x 1
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Thanks for posting this. Personally, I think they are nuts to bring out a 50mm lens.
    Myself, I would hardly ever use a 100mm FL.
    If it were a 25mm, maybe but to start with that...we'll see.

Are you getting one Sabesh?

3. sabesh

sabesh Mu-43 Veteran

Nope, as I agree with you. I'd be interested in a 35mm (or less) version, provided that it's light. I had the CV 35/1.2 and sold it off due to the weight. I'm somewhat happy with the Konica 40/1.8 right now, but would love a f/1.0 version, lol.

4. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Yessir,
    The Konica 40 & 57 are great lenses.
    I'm loving the new 9-18 at the moment.

5. Jamus

Jamus Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2010
    I know nothing about Noktor... is it sharp? What's the quality like?

6. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    Useful for candle-lit portraits or showing off to your mate who has a Canon 85mm f/1.2 on his/her cropped Canon dSLR.

7. It is pretty sharp once stopped down but that's now that you use this lens for right? :)

Steve Huff did a good review of this lens. The background blur on this baby at f/0.95 is busy...and odd with a 3/4 moon ovals. Very low contrast as well and you will DEFINITELY have to do some major post processing. BUT the effect is pretty neat if you use it well.

Here's an example of a shot wide wide open.

http://www.timarai.com/images/pad2010/20100506-01.jpg">

Manual focus is a bit of a pain. It's definitely a specialty lens. But I think I'll have fun with it :)

8. Jamus

Jamus Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2010
    Yeah, I think what throws me off from wanting it is that it becomes a 100mm lens. Now if it were a 35/24mm, I'd be interested.

9. pasterw

pasterw New to Mu-43

May 8, 2010
    Oxford
    What puts me off is that it's a TV lens and never was intended for photography use.

Wolfgang

10. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Well, there's a lot of lenses that are like that, that are making great images with this format. Hopefully they will wake up and make something useful for us......

11. Jamus

Jamus Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2010
    Beautiful shot, Tim... I'd love to see more.
    Especially interested in seeing some portraits.

12. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    Image quality is pretty good for the speed & price. Nothing really competes on the value side of things. If you don't need/want the speed then look elsewhere.

Vignetting doesn't seem too bad wide open which is a real surprise and the bokeh seems good.

Is it just my memory, or have they jacked up the price by $50 since the first lot were pre-ordered?

13. Jonas B

Jonas B Guest

Apr 23, 2010
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Native lens? Just wondering... to me this is an adapted lens.

I would definitely save for a little longer and get a Nokton. Bokeh is good??? Peter, doesn't that just go to show that "good bokeh" means absolutely nothing?
    I'm not looking for another Noktor bokeh discussion, I just smiled reading your claim and came to think of the word bokeh, and what it means to different photographers.

regards,

Jonas

14. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    Just a little experiment - here are four 50mm lenses shot wide open. One is a very expensive lens, one cost me 200 euros, another around 100 euros and another cost 75 euros including a SLR body

none of these lenses are as 'fast' as the noktor, but there are three different maximum apertures on display. I offer these picture really so people can actually begin to see what an extra half stop or so actually gets you.

All shot from around 1m - no pp done at all

If you are nice I will tell you which is which later

Kevin
    S5104304.
    S5104319.
    S5104315.
    S5104310.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    A and B look to be the fastest.. a lot of control and horsepower there. But for the difference in price A to D, I'll take the 75 Euro lens please.

Bokeh D

16. kevinparis

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    interesting.... A and B represent the fastest and the cheapest lens.... :)

K

17. stickan1

stickan1 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 30, 2010
    Sweden
    My guess is that C is the most expensive one, more sharpness and contrast. But you have a very good point as the differences are subtle.

18. kevinparis

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    example c is one of the slower lenses and the second least expensive

just goes to show that everybody has their own taste

K

19. kevinparis

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    control of CA is a clue to the expensive lens

K

20. Vidar

Vidar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2009
    Bergen, Norway
    I think this shows that all those lenses are capable to take a decent picture of some jeans... Maybe even Noktor, the lens I thought this thread is about, could take a good picture of those jeans?:confused: