1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Noktor F1.6 Micro Four Thirds Lens (12mm)

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by TeeHeeHaw, Oct 7, 2011.

1. TeeHeeHaw

TeeHeeHaw Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 31, 2011
    Central Ohio
  2. TeeHeeHaw

TeeHeeHaw Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 31, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Ha. Since I have my bookmark set to go to the forum instead of the front page I missed the article on the front page. Oops.

3. Liamness

Liamness Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Reasons why I won't be all over this;

- Fastness isn't so important at the wide end, at least for stills. You would be shooting at f/4 most of the time anyway, particularly if you have a tripod handy.
    - Why have they painted the front of the lens yellow? Presumably the lens will have some difficulty with flare and so on given its bulbous front element. Bright colours reflect light more easily so this will presumably only exacerbate any issues it has? Potentially this is not the final look of the lens, but I have to wonder why they even contemplated doing it in the first place. It does not give the impression of a company that is serious about image quality.
    - It will surely be fairly heavy, given the amount of glass and all-metal construction. A lot of M43 lenses are marked down for being made out of plastic, but I think it fits the with the ultraportable ethos of the system.

It's a lot cheaper than the 12mm Oly though, which while seemingly great is a pretty difficult purchase to justify for most of us mere mortals. Perhaps if more third-party manufacturers get involved with lenses like these, it'll put more pressure on the official manufacturers to be a bit more forgiving on our wallets.

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    The lens will have a black ring when it goes on sale... Maybe the yellowish green ring was just to distinguish the pre-release models?