Noktor a new entrant in native MFT lenses!

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
And if true, a stunning little lens to start with...

noktor.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

http://43rumors.com/ft5-hot-new-noktor-hyperprime-lens-50mm-f0-95-for-microfourthirds/

It is said to be "priced MUCH lower than the Noctilux" but I bet I still won't be able to afford it.

For the most part, the specs look good...

Focal Length 50mm
Maximum Aperture F0.95
Minimum Aperture F16
Rear Focusing Yes
Minimum Focus Distance 1.9 ft. (0.6m)
Angle of View 46°
Lens (Elements) 8
Lens (Groups) 7
Dimensions 2.9×2.1 in.
Weight (280g)
Mount Type Micro Four Thirds
Accepts Filter Type Screw-on
Filter Size 62mm

BartonFlyer

Mu-43 Regular
Reading the comments on the rumours site and trying to find out some more about "noktor.com" rather makes me think this is a hoax? Could be genuine, who knows?

hohoho

Mu-43 Regular
If it's a hoax, then at least the perps took the trouble to buy up the domain name noktor.com. And, if I understand the whois entry right, to do so as early as September.

Nothing here at aboutus.org either.

What a funny choice of focal length though. (I mean, if the little beastie is for real.)

kai.e.g.

Mu-43 Regular
Nobody just pops up out of nowhere and starts producing high-quality lenses these days, let alone with autofocus and huge apertures. If this whole thing isn't a hoax, then I imagine that someone like Cosina or Fuji would be the true people behind the lens; perhaps Sigma.

Vidar

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Almost certainly a hoax IMO.

Yeah I think that too..

But why? It certainly is not funny? Why spend their time on making up stuff like this?

The interweb confuses me sometimes:confused:

I hear this lens wil be out April 1.

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It looks like manual focus.

There are a number of ultra-fast F0.95 lenses made for C-Mount. Some 25mm F0.95 lenses. They are not "That" expensive.

Also: the Canon 50/0.95 for the Canon 7 has a C-Mount adapter on it. That lens would cover the image circle. Again, not too expensive. Mine was $200 on Ebay, listed as a TV lens.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Maybe it's 43rumors... great traffic boost :rofl:

Cheers

Brian

Here's the 43 Rumors classification system:

• (FT 1) Only a dream
  • (FT 2) Sounds a little more real
  • (FT 3) Could be
  • (FT 4) Possible, from trusted sources
  • (FT 5) It's done!

They rated this rumor FT5. Either they know something they're not telling us, or they're unconcerned about their reputation.

Interesting discovery shared in this post at DPReview. Seems likely that if this lens is real, it wasn't designed for MFT but rather an existing Senko lens now built with a MFT mount.

Iansky

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I am of the same mind as most who have posted - I suspect it is a hoax.

We have not heard of this company before yet they allude to the Noctilux in their data - there is also no mention of Aspherical or ED elements in the lens which is what people would expect if referring to being competition for the Noctilux.

I also supect it is a manual focus lens.

So, my gut feel - it is a hoax.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
It looks like manual focus.

There are a number of ultra-fast F0.95 lenses made for C-Mount. Some 25mm F0.95 lenses. They are not "That" expensive.

Also: the Canon 50/0.95 for the Canon 7 has a C-Mount adapter on it. That lens would cover the image circle. Again, not too expensive. Mine was $200 on Ebay, listed as a TV lens.

Those lenses have gotten pretty expensive. I spent a month looking for a good deal on the Canon lens, TV version included, and didn't find a single good copy for much under $1000. In the process I bought one copy (TV lens) on Ebay (for $1000) and returned it for severe element separation, while a copy I arranged to buy locally from an RFF member was passed on for having tons of scratches on the rear element (that one was also selling for ~$1000). The more sought after 25/0.95 lenses have shot up in prices, and it has become tough to find good working copies for under $1000.

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
im not so sure its a hoax there is a lot of entrepreneurial spirit in china,combined with a less than spirited regard for copyrights and intellectual property rights :)

if the rumors site gave this a 5 "its happening rating " im not so sure to dismiss it.

further nocti is a prefix used by more that lens maker to denote exotically fast lenses.
noktor strikes me as a moniker that hasnt been actually lifted from anyone, but i could be wrong

in any event across the internet the most real buzz and and true enthusiasm from user communities seems to be for users interested in alternatives to the cookie cutter designs
of the polycarbonate meteorites of the slr world alternatives to the point and shoot look-
alike, work- alike clone wars

this interest is in things like the micro four thirds revolution and it new paradigm
and of course the lenses that will inevitably be made

its in cameras like the the new olympus pens , the panasonic lumixes,,the leica x1s and m9s....... the ricoh gxr system ........ mirrorless cameras from samsung and rumors that surround canon and nikons and others entry in to this world ,

even if this is a hoax , it is, for me, a prophesy of lenses soon to come

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Cosina,
Do you think it's a possible design? I mean it seems to weigh in kinda low.
You know more about CV glass than anyone I know. What do you think looking at the specs?
shooter

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
for a sensor size like m4\3, the specs are realistic where it concerns speed , focal length ,and weight, imho

but some of the other info ,like fov seems wrong...... i suspect this is not a cv lens but an adapted\ modified c mount lens with a design or modification that gives an adequate image circle for micro 4\3, there is a real opportunity for someone to step up to the plate and make the first exotically fast prime for micro 4\3 mount .It seems that many startups and chinese machine shops have the blessing to make any adapter they think they can sell,
i suppose someone uniting it with a good cine design that doesnt vignette is the next logical step, i think its happening soon, if not with this rumor , then by someones hand

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
from your keyboard to gods ears , shooter,

i think it could be done , i think ,given the image circle needed, it could be way smaller than the cv 35mm 1.4

im pretty sure someone is gonna do this , many cine lenses are designs like 12 mm 1.2 etc, but do not cover the sensor completely......... a 20 % bigger image circle? some bigger elements and some design alterations , and i think such a lens is not only possible but inevitable

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
im thinking about my 18 mm f 2.8 that pentax made for 110 back in the 1980`s if you look at that lens and consider that its image circle is perfect for m4\3 and then extrapolate thus:

a 50 mm f 2.8 is to a 50 mm 1.4 [ front element\ overall lens size]
as an 18 mm 2.8 is to "X"

i have a zeiss jena 50 2.8 and a konica 1.4 [ for this comparison] and the lenses are about the same size but the front element of the konica is about 2.2 inches across and the zeiss jena about 3\4 inch across [ full frame image circle remember]

so i would guess that the 18 mm 2.8 whose front element looks about 7\8 " wide could manage it with a front element of maybe 2-2 .5" i a barrel mor or less the size of the oly 17 2.8 spraypainted plastic affair

all conjecture ..................what fun!!

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Those lenses have gotten pretty expensive. I spent a month looking for a good deal on the Canon lens, TV version included, and didn't find a single good copy for much under $1000. In the process I bought one copy (TV lens) on Ebay (for $1000) and returned it for severe element separation, while a copy I arranged to buy locally from an RFF member was passed on for having tons of scratches on the rear element (that one was also selling for ~$1000). The more sought after 25/0.95 lenses have shot up in prices, and it has become tough to find good working copies for under $1000.

So I think we all can see the wisdom of investing in good glass rather than real estate and stocks.

I need to start charging more for some of my lenses...

Latest threads

Top Bottom