1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Nokton 50 F/1.1 Close to Godly

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by ahuyevshi, Feb 26, 2010.

1. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Wide open ISO 100.... WOW!!!

I was a good boy.. waiting for payment to clear from an ebay sale first..

4390325013_4358a3f77e_b.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Justified_Sinner

Justified_Sinner Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Dauvit Alexander
    Godly!

Agreed... I didn't wait for anything and bought it with my credit card the week it was released.

This is the second photograph I took with it, in the V&A in London:

3730378172_dbba9f3490_b.

A religious experience, indeed!

3. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    I have the cash in hand... picking it up Monday... I don't use credit cards anymore... So I don't like spending money on something unless I allocate it prior...

4. benoly

benoly Mu-43 Regular

Feb 23, 2010
    California, USA
    ahuyevshi, are you liking the adapted lens better than the Pany/Oly offerings?

• Like Like x 1
  5. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Honestly... I think my 20mm 1.7 will be going up for sale real soon... I feel like there are limitations that I don't have with the adapted lenses.. I'm not sure how else to describe it.. It might be because the E-P2 is kind of slow in AF (I did like the 20 on the GF1). I bought the E-P2 because I needed the EVF for manual focus. The screen is so bright that I rarely have to use mf assist (which I don't like anyway).

When I shoot my dSLR I mostly shoot AF, and to me it feels like the camera is doing all of the work.. MF with EF Canon Lenses still didn't feel right to me... Obviously I will still use my dSLRs for paid motorsports jobs, however for personal use I am in love... I feel like I did when I was a kid stealing my dads Pentax... I shoot full manual..

Then again I'm the guy who uses the exposure computer to go out and shoot a lubitel without a lightmeter.. So I might just be weird...

6. noodlehaus

noodlehaus Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2010
    My birthday is coming up in 2 weeks! Anyone going to send me one? :D

7. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Can we see a picture of the Nocton mounted on your E-P2, pretty please? :flowers_2:

Cheers

Brian

8. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    As soon as I pick it up... It's not the size of the other voigts... It is about the size of the canon 35mm..

• Like Like x 1