1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nokton 50 F/1.1 Close to Godly

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by ahuyevshi, Feb 26, 2010.

1. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Wide open ISO 100.... WOW!!!

I was a good boy.. waiting for payment to clear from an ebay sale first..

4390325013_4358a3f77e_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Justified_Sinner

Justified_Sinner Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Dauvit Alexander
    Godly!

Agreed... I didn't wait for anything and bought it with my credit card the week it was released.

This is the second photograph I took with it, in the V&A in London:

3730378172_dbba9f3490_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A religious experience, indeed!

3. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    I have the cash in hand... picking it up Monday... I don't use credit cards anymore... So I don't like spending money on something unless I allocate it prior...

4. benoly

benoly Mu-43 Regular

Feb 23, 2010
    California, USA
    ahuyevshi, are you liking the adapted lens better than the Pany/Oly offerings?

• Like Like x 1
  5. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Honestly... I think my 20mm 1.7 will be going up for sale real soon... I feel like there are limitations that I don't have with the adapted lenses.. I'm not sure how else to describe it.. It might be because the E-P2 is kind of slow in AF (I did like the 20 on the GF1). I bought the E-P2 because I needed the EVF for manual focus. The screen is so bright that I rarely have to use mf assist (which I don't like anyway).

When I shoot my dSLR I mostly shoot AF, and to me it feels like the camera is doing all of the work.. MF with EF Canon Lenses still didn't feel right to me... Obviously I will still use my dSLRs for paid motorsports jobs, however for personal use I am in love... I feel like I did when I was a kid stealing my dads Pentax... I shoot full manual..

Then again I'm the guy who uses the exposure computer to go out and shoot a lubitel without a lightmeter.. So I might just be weird...

6. noodlehaus

noodlehaus Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2010
    My birthday is coming up in 2 weeks! Anyone going to send me one? :D 

7. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Can we see a picture of the Nocton mounted on your E-P2, pretty please? :flowers_2:

Cheers

Brian

8. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    As soon as I pick it up... It's not the size of the other voigts... It is about the size of the canon 35mm..

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.