Nokton 40 f1.4 on Ep-2

benoly

Mu-43 Regular
Need some opinions.
I have an Oly OM 50 1.8 w/adapter that I'm using on my EP-2. I like the results. I'm surprised by the amount of background blur. I thought this was only possible on FF Canikons :wink:. But I want to keep my M4/3 kit as small and light as possible. I will mainly use it for street & travel. Do you think I'll gain any better IQ from the smaller 40 Voigtlander?

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
I've found the same with anything f2 and below and even f4 with the longer focal lengths, I find background blurring to be surprisingly good. As to whether you will gain anything, it'll be a bit of a trade of as you are going wider, which increases depth of field nominally, but being able to open up a stop more.

Cheers

Ray

benoly

Mu-43 Regular
Ray, I think you are right about the trade off. If the image quality of the Nokton was a step up I'd probably get it since it is smaller.
Nice website by the way.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Ray, I think you are right about the trade off. If the image quality of the Nokton was a step up I'd probably get it since it is smaller.
Nice website by the way.

Thanks Ben

I'm not sure that you'd get better image quality than with the Olympus. From what I've experienced with my Voigtlander lenses, is that the quality is excellent, but they tend to give much 'colder' results, if that's the right way of expresing things.

Cheers

Ray

Latest threads

Top Bottom