Nokton 25mm f/0.95 Gimme your sales pitch

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by asparkes, Jun 21, 2013.

1. asparkes

asparkes Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 1, 2012
    I already own the Panny 25mm f/1.4, but keep eyeballing the nokton. I you love it on your Olympus body, sell me on it. (photos a plus)

ps OM-D shooter, here
  2. ntblowz

ntblowz Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 13, 2011
    Auckland, New Zealand

This one is 17.5mm with E-M5
  3. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    because it's magic...

This was hand-held, NOT on an Olympus body, at 1/5sec. The only light was light pollution reflecting off the snow.

I keep thinking I should sell it and buy something useful, like an Olympus 75mm f1.8, but every time I put it on the camera...

4. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    If I were stuck on a desert island (with a way to recharge my batteries, and uh the ability to edit photos), it would be the one lens I would choose.

It has the most character of any of my ยต4/3 native lenses. I also started photography years ago with a Pentax K1000 + 50mm f1.7 lens, the build quality is fantastic and reminds of "the way lenses used to be made," I hate focus by wire and even though focus by wire tech has improved quite a bit- it still doesn't beat a good well constructed manual focus feel. Also the very close focusing is nice to have. The resolution and quality even wide open isn't bad, stopped down and the resolution is fantastic.

If you're comfortable using manual focus- by all means go for it. I paid "full price" for it a quite a while ago, it's gone down in price since then by about $300, but I don't regret it (although I wish I could have had that price instead).