Noise in E-PL7

prophet

Mu-43 Regular
Just got the E-PL7 to replace an E-PL5. I only bought the body and use the kit lens of the E-PL5. When focussing the E-PL7, I can hear a noise in the camera, like a motor. Never noticed that in the E-PL5. Is that normal behaviour?

Also, the autofocus seems a tad slower than with the E-PL5. Anybody else experience this?

verbatimium

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Martin
I don't have the PL7, but the noise that you are hearing is probably the 3-axis stabilization system turning on when you press the shutter button to focus. This is completely normal, and happens with other cameras that have the 3- and 5-axis systems. The PL5 had a different, more primitive 2-axis stabilization which didn't work that well (and didn't produce any noise).

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I would expect a noise from the e-pL7 with its E-M5-ish stabilisation : the noise really puzzled a lot of users when the E-M5 first came out.

prophet

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks, that takes away my uneasiness about it ;)

Image thread sounds like a good idea, will start one once I made a few good shots.

cprevost

Mu-43 Regular
I have the EPl-7 and mine makes the same noise. It's the IBIS system working. You get used to it pretty fast.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom