1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Nocticron on a GM5 / GM1

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by sabesh, Aug 22, 2015.

1. sabesh

sabesh Mu-43 Veteran

Hi all,

I'm thoroughly enjoying my GM5 + 15/1.7. I'm thinking of adding a Nocticron to the kit.

If any of you use the Nocticron on a GM5 or GM1, please let me know of your thoughts / experiences.

Thx,

Sabesh.

2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    It looked pretty big on my E-M1 when I had one. I guess it'll be more uneven on the little GMs. However, dammed fine lens though!

3. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

• Like Like x 1
  4. poopstick

poopstick Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2013
    Burlington Ontario
    I use the Nocticron on the GM1(or rather the GM1 on the Nocticron), and have no issues. I have the optional grip which is almost a necessity for the GM cameras. It makes it much easier to hold the camera, especially with bigger lenses. You just cup the lens with your left hand. It looks funnier than it actually feels to use. The only difference is that you can't set down the camera the way you normally would. With the Nocticron, I always put it lens-front down.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sabesh

sabesh Mu-43 Veteran

Thx for the info! Where can I purchase a grip for the GM5?

6. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    • Like Like x 1
  8. sabesh

sabesh Mu-43 Veteran

Thx guys!

9. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    That Neewer one on the page also looks interesting, since it has a milled out slot on the bottom to allow you to change the card and battery without removing the grip. Looks like a nice feature. And cheap at $28, too.

http://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Alumin...=UTF8&qid=1440436465&sr=8-3&keywords=gm1+grip

I assume you'd want to remove the vertical Arca bracket, though, but that's just 1 allen bolt.

• Like Like x 1
  10. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

If you want to stay compact, that new 42.5mm f1.7 is sure looking nice. Obviously not a Nocticron, but it's not much bigger than the 15mm and same aperture.

11. m43man

m43man Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Do you have a link for the GM5 version? I can only find one made for GM1. Thanks in advance.

12. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    GM1 and GM5 use the same grip, so you can use it on both cameras... GM5 is a little taller, but no change on the other directions... Panasonic even didn't release a new grip for GM5.