1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Nocticron for $1299 at Unique Photo - $300 Off! (Box May Have Minor Damage)

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Unique Photo is selling "White Box" Panasonic Leica 42.5mm f/1.2 for $300 less than other stores. Here's what they mean by white box:

"Some Boxes may come dented or with imperfections. Lenses are tested to function as normal"

Unique Photo is a great and reliable seller, and this is a terrific deal on an amazing lens.

Please use this affiliate link to get to Unique Photo and then search for "PNL1034I" to get the lens for $1299. Free shipping, tax in NY and NJ.

[Thanks, usayit]

• Like Like x 6
  2. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    I just talked to Unique. They say these are brand new lenses with full Panasonic warranties. The boxes were damaged (not at Unique but before they got there). Depending on the condition of the box you may get an original but damaged Panasonic box or you might get a new exterior plain box. They say the lenses have been "tested". If they were tested I doubt it was to the pixel peeping excess of some of us here :)

So sounds like the same story as Kenmore Camera which was selling damaged box Nocticrons on E-bay recently.

I also like the theory someone else posed that this is a good excuse to sell below MSRP with a likely slow moving product.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ranger Rick

Ranger Rick Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    Tempe, AZ
    Rick
    Now $1399

4. nagual

nagual Mu-43 Regular

Aug 25, 2012
    Toronto
    It's actually showing $1399 in the cart ...

5. JeanLucX

JeanLucX Mu-43 Regular

Oct 3, 2013
    NYC
    1399 now:(

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I paid 1600 plus tax and shipping so 1399 still sounds like a great deal!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mu-43 mobile app

7. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Showing $1299 now!

• Like Like x 1
  8. JeanLucX

JeanLucX Mu-43 Regular

Oct 3, 2013
    NYC
    Yeah but if you add it to cart it will be 1399.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    I see now. Bummer. Deceptive ad.

10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Not cool!

11. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    I think the $1299 and then add to cart for $1399 may be a browser or proxy cache issue for some folks. I've seen $1399 on the page since someone pointed out the change earlier in the day.

Fortunately I have an invoice with $1299 on it and a tracking number at the moment :smile: Here's to boldly ordering in the middle of the night even though I wasn't sure what "White Box" meant exactly.

Or perhaps it would have been more fortunate to have not seen it until the price went up a bit and decided "oh well I missed the deal and don't really need the lens anyway".

12. heedpantsnow

heedpantsnow Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 24, 2011
    Yep. I blindly ordered in the middle of the night, white box be darned, and hopefully selling all of the rest of my old gear before the credit card bill comes!! Gosh I'm an idiot. But I'll be an idiot with a Nocticron!

• Like Like x 8
  13. Zee

Zee Mu-43 Top Veteran

Would I be happy if the Nocticron was my only lens?

Hhhhmmmm....

Z...

14. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Look forward to reading feedback once lenses are received... good to see some deals on this lens.

Just be careful not to back up over a cliff! :smile:

15. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    I received the package. It says open box on it and looks brand new (no damage). I have to test the lens later.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    The reverse is happening now. It shows $1399, and then it becomes $1299 when added to the cart!!

17. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Weren't you the one listing to me 100 reasons of better alternatives to the Nocticron? :wink:

18. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    They are not better, but cheaper. I like the silent e-shutter, only way to photograph my wife:)

19. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    E-shutter on the GM1? The EM1's shutter still makes noise after the firmware update right?

20. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    GM1 might be too small. I still have the gx7. I haven't updated EM1, but I read it is just a shutter delay.