Nocticron for $1299 at Unique Photo - $300 Off! (Box May Have Minor Damage)

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Unique Photo is selling "White Box" Panasonic Leica 42.5mm f/1.2 for $300 less than other stores. Here's what they mean by white box:

"Some Boxes may come dented or with imperfections. Lenses are tested to function as normal"

Unique Photo is a great and reliable seller, and this is a terrific deal on an amazing lens.

Please use this affiliate link to get to Unique Photo and then search for "PNL1034I" to get the lens for $1299. Free shipping, tax in NY and NJ.

[Thanks, usayit]

kwalsh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I just talked to Unique. They say these are brand new lenses with full Panasonic warranties. The boxes were damaged (not at Unique but before they got there). Depending on the condition of the box you may get an original but damaged Panasonic box or you might get a new exterior plain box. They say the lenses have been "tested". If they were tested I doubt it was to the pixel peeping excess of some of us here :)

So sounds like the same story as Kenmore Camera which was selling damaged box Nocticrons on E-bay recently.

I also like the theory someone else posed that this is a good excuse to sell below MSRP with a likely slow moving product.

kwalsh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I think the $1299 and then add to cart for $1399 may be a browser or proxy cache issue for some folks. I've seen $1399 on the page since someone pointed out the change earlier in the day.

Fortunately I have an invoice with $1299 on it and a tracking number at the moment :smile: Here's to boldly ordering in the middle of the night even though I wasn't sure what "White Box" meant exactly.

Or perhaps it would have been more fortunate to have not seen it until the price went up a bit and decided "oh well I missed the deal and don't really need the lens anyway".

heedpantsnow

Mu-43 Veteran
Yep. I blindly ordered in the middle of the night, white box be darned, and hopefully selling all of the rest of my old gear before the credit card bill comes!! Gosh I'm an idiot. But I'll be an idiot with a Nocticron!

krugorg

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Look forward to reading feedback once lenses are received... good to see some deals on this lens.

Would I be happy if the Nocticron was my only lens?

Hhhhmmmm....

Z...
Just be careful not to back up over a cliff! :smile:

Serhan

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I received the package. It says open box on it and looks brand new (no damage). I have to test the lens later.

Look forward to reading feedback once lenses are received... good to see some deals on this lens.

Armanius

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Muttley
The reverse is happening now. It shows $1399, and then it becomes $1299 when added to the cart!!

Armanius

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Muttley
I received the package. It says open box on it and looks brand new (no damage). I have to test the lens later.
Weren't you the one listing to me 100 reasons of better alternatives to the Nocticron? :wink:

Serhan

Mu-43 Top Veteran
They are not better, but cheaper. I like the silent e-shutter, only way to photograph my wife:)

Weren't you the one listing to me 100 reasons of better alternatives to the Nocticron? :wink:

Armanius

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Muttley
They are not better, but cheaper. I like the silent e-shutter, only way to photograph my wife:)
E-shutter on the GM1? The EM1's shutter still makes noise after the firmware update right?

Serhan

Mu-43 Top Veteran
GM1 might be too small. I still have the gx7. I haven't updated EM1, but I read it is just a shutter delay.

E-shutter on the GM1? The EM1's shutter still makes noise after the firmware update right?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom