1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Noche de San Juan

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by angloasturian, Jun 24, 2010.

1. angloasturian

angloasturian Mu-43 Veteran

Night of St. John or Midsummer Night in English. In Spain it's traditional to make bonfires and have a party (although people here don't need much of an excuse for that!). In Salinas it's on the beach and, as you can see, there's quite a party going on - and this was ONLY 11.30 p.m. so it was just warming up. Photo 4 has a different colour because I changed from 'Candle' to 'P' to see what happened and then forgot to retake it on 'Candle'. The light levels at times were so low the camera refused to take the photo.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Colin that looks like quite the "happening" as we used to say. So was this just last night or was it on June 21st, what we here in the USA call the first day of summer or the summer solstice?

Do the revelers stay until dawn?

I think you did very well in that low light during the noche de San Juan.

• Like Like x 1
  3. angloasturian

Midsummer Night

Thanks BB. It's just the night of the 23rd June, which here is considered as the summer soltice as far as celebrations are concerned, although it's really the 21st. Remember: 'Spain is different'.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Thank you Colin, and I shall try to remember that.:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Colin, thanks for these great series. Summer too arrived in Holland, wow, and I love it.
    How's weather in Spain? Enjoy your weekend !

• Like Like x 1
  6. angloasturian

Weather

Thanks Herman. Malaga is 25C and sunny. Here it's 20C and cloudy.

7. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Colin, we got very good weather. Temperature 25C and up. I really like this kind of weather.