Nobody gives a SH*t about your blurry background

Wisertime

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
Lighten up Francis,
Just for fun
I just randomly had this come up on my youtube homepage and clicked out of curiosity.

It's pretty funny actually. And I had no idea it would be M43 related. Some lighthearted honesty we can all relate to and a nice break from the "serious" discussions about FF, EM1x, etc.

More humor about the stupid naming of sensor sizes.

I wish he had gone on to Medium Format in the absurd naming conventions.

ijm5012

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ian
I don't understand or get the appeal of "vlogging". IDK, I just think you end up looking like a pretentious douche, holding this camera + microphone on what is essentially an industrial selfie-stick.

Turbofrog

Mu-43 Legend
I don't understand or get the appeal of "vlogging". IDK, I just think you end up looking like a pretentious douche, holding this camera + microphone on what is essentially an industrial selfie-stick.
In general I tend to agree, but my biggest complaints about video reviews (and similar content) is that their information density is just so, so low.

I can skim through a review or a news article - especially if it's sectioned - to find just about all the information I want and need about something in just a couple minutes. With a video, I never know what its going to tell me, whether it has any value at all, it takes me 5x longer to find out that information, and if I want to refer back to something, I need to click around until I get back to it.

There are a ton of merits to videos as a format! You can show details of something, you can show samples with commentary, you can demonstrate techniques and workflows...there's all kinds of stuff you can do! The trouble is that almost no one does any of that. They just focus on their face (front row, center), get all fussed about continuous autofocus settings, and then sit there (motionless - no need for AF at all, if we're honest) and just talk at the camera...

Wisertime

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
He's pretty entertaining, you just cant take anything serious, and have to realize he hates every camera system :roflmao:
No you can't. I enjoyed his sense of humor so I watched some other videos last night. Turns out he has an older channel about diet/eating and this must be an offshoot. His delivery is unique. He could totally talk shit about someone and you couldn't possibly get angry. He "roasted" some other youtubers, but it was all good natured. I skipped the ones I never heard of.

He's definitely video-centric and doesn't take himself seriously, which is refreshing compared to some of the egos and experts on youtube. He makes good points, but I really only cared about the LOL's.

@Wisertime steve... thanks for posting... loads of fun watching this guy... for sure it was a nice break
Thanks. I thought we could use some lighter content with all the recent rage/disappointment. Apparently some missed the point entirely.

He's pretty entertaining, you just cant take anything serious, and have to realize he hates every camera system :roflmao:
He really gives it to Canon, Nikon and Sony too. He wants his flippy screen. I don't care what he thinks about any of it, he just says some really funny shit. He did a few videos on the EM1X & S1...can't help but laugh. Then the Leica one is quite silly....all about the disappointment of not being seen taking a photo with it after.

dirtdevil

Mu-43 Top Veteran
He's becoming "one of those" people on youtube that will switch gear the same amount of times they switch underwear. And now he's in love with shallow depth of field...

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
He is monetizing being a pretentious douche, low info content or not.

Clicks mean he gets paid. This is similar to the Krockwell web site, except thru Goog-tube.

The watches/clicks are what drives people to put up a worthless video when a bit of text and some diagrams would give a better explanation.

Everyone posting on this thread is an Enabler.

Hey - that reminds me! See my new Enabler videos!

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Man oh man, I can't believe how many of you have let this fly right over the top of your heads. It's satire people. He can't even keep it together himself, without bursting into laughter at times. Lighten up. It's pure comedy. Nothing more.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Gold - 'let the background into your heart', and also, now I know how to feed an owl! Ima go look at more of his videos now :2thumbs:
He he he. Go watch the Panasonic S1/R one. "Love the dress. Did you make that yourself?" Ha ha ha ha. And the EM1X. "I'm going to do a review of the reviews" He he he he. Very clever :)

melanieylang

Mu-43 Top Veteran
He he he. Go watch the Panasonic S1/R one. "Love the dress. Did you make that yourself?" Ha ha ha ha. And the EM1X. "I'm going to do a review of the reviews" He he he he. Very clever :)
'...need to order the monkey strength book to even have the strength to lift that camera'!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom