No S-AF [MF] after updating my EM1MK2 to firmware 3.1

ninad

Mu-43 Regular
I updated firmware to 3.1 (from 2.x ) today on my EM1MK2. After updating, I don't see Single Autofocus + Manual Focus option anymore. I only see S-AF, C-AF, MF, C-AF+TR and PreMF. I tried different lenses and resetting all settings. None of them helped. Anything I am missing here?

Growltiger

Mu-43 All-Pro
It’s interesting they have now done this from the Menu without a means to toggle it on & off.
I think it makes sense. Some people like the +MF feature and others don't. Now you can enter that decision and it sticks. Also it reduces the number of focus options needed, which with C-AF+MF being added had grown quite long.
Personally I'm a +MF person, so I'm happy to have the other options removed from the list.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
I think it makes sense. Some people like the +MF feature and others don't. Now you can enter that decision and it sticks. Also it reduces the number of focus options needed, which with C-AF+MF being added had grown quite long.
Personally I'm a +MF person, so I'm happy to have the other options removed from the list.
I'm using it too, but I would have thought a means to access it from a Fn button might have been useful, for the times it isn't desired (& gets in the way) instead having to dive into the A1 Menu. Still, it's easy enough to find though.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom