no noise

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by weepics, Apr 18, 2013.

1. weepics

weepics New to Mu-43

Apr 18, 2013
    The OM-D E-M5 is an incredible tool and replaces the OM-4 I've been using for one and a half decades - with not a single repair or failure. Although the main dial has already come off in the first year and the camera had to be sent in, I got it back in about a week.

Now my question: can I get rid of the stupid shutter noise? That's one of the reasons I bought this new camera. When I can see the photo immediately after I took it on the display for a short time, I don't need the clicking sound. And there are situations where I definitely don't want it at all.
  2. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    There's a mechanical shutter in the OM-D EM-5 (and in fact all m4/3 cameras to the best of my knowledge). The only ones that have an electronic/silent shutter option currently are the G5 and GH3, and it's not usable in all situations either.

So what you're hearing is an actual physical shutter, just like on your OM-4 - if it doesn't go click when you press it, then you're in trouble :smile:
  3. Liamness

Liamness Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    I was under the impression that the OM-D had a very quiet shutter. If we are talking about some bleep that comes out of the speaker, then yes you can turn that off.
  4. ptolemyx

ptolemyx Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 19, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    I like the E-M5's features, but I love its shutter sound.
  5. weepics

weepics New to Mu-43

Apr 18, 2013

thanx for your fast reply ... so I'll be happy as long as I hear a nice, quiet click signalling there's another nice pic that's made it on the card.:2thumbs: