No new Pens for a while, just new Olympus compact cameras?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by applemint, Feb 13, 2012.

1. applemint

applemint Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
    Looks like no new pens are on the immediate horizon (so buying an E-PL3/E-PM1/EP3 model now should mean you still have the latest model for a few more months at least. :biggrin:

"Looking to the future, Olympus pointed to the release of its OM-D E-M5 in late March, adding: 'Several new compact models are scheduled for successive launches from spring, using [the] same image processing technologies as micro SLRs [sic] for high sensitivity, low noise and fast autofocus.' "
    Olympus halves digital camera operating loss; sales rise (update) news - Amateur Photographer - news, camera reviews, lens reviews, camera equipment guides, photography courses, competitions, photography forums

I assume they mean new top end compact cameras with m43 features - eg a new/updated XZ-1?

2. taran

taran Mu-43 Regular

Oct 19, 2011
    Pens will get the 16 mpix sensor in late summer. Whether or not they get 5 axis will remain to be seen, but I believe the DxO smackdown of the "new" Oly sensor will mean they need to get this chip to market in all iterations as soon as possible.

Just my 2รง.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.