No more love &Admiration for EP3?

mikepadua

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Mike Padua
I actually just got my E-P3 yesterday. Screaming deal at $605 for body, kit lens, and VF-3 in used but excellent condition. I'm putting it through it's paces right now. Pretty much everything I wanted coming from a Fuji X100.

I agree with grantb regarding the Pen form factor. It's attractive to me, both in looks and in use, and being able to stick the VF-3 on there when I want it is very useful!

ptan55

Mu-43 Regular
I actually just got my E-P3 yesterday. Screaming deal at $605 for body, kit lens, and VF-3 in used but excellent condition. I'm putting it through it's paces right now. Pretty much everything I wanted coming from a Fuji X100.

I agree with grantb regarding the Pen form factor. It's attractive to me, both in looks and in use, and being able to stick the VF-3 on there when I want it is very useful!

Hmmmm, this has gotten me thinking about unloading my EP3.
I get my Silver OMD from B&H on THursday....
Good thing I kept the original box.

Patrick

Mu-43 Legend
I'm trying to buy a used EP3 right now. How's that for love! But my budget is $400 (body only). Or, just wait for Cameta to get some more $459 body only refurbs in again :)

mikepadua

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Mike Padua
I'm trying to buy a used EP3 right now. How's that for love! But my budget is $400 (body only). Or, just wait for Cameta to get some more $459 body only refurbs in again :)

I'm sure if you sit on Ebay you'll find that deal. After waiting on a deal for about 2 weeks, I've seen a few body-only deals for Buy It Now prices in the 420-450 range.

mister_roboto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Dennis
For better or for worse, cameras went from "cameras" to "digital gadgets", and are treated as such now. It puts cameras more readily available in the hands of more people, but they have electronic gadget life spans. Sadly the days of using a Pentax K1000 for 10+ years is mostly gone with new digital cameras, barring some of the pro-grade cameras that were built for longevity.

I had an E-P2 when it was new, and *almost* considered the E-P3, but it was lacking just ever so slightly more than the E-P2, so I i passed. I do plan on using the E-M5 for quite some time (probably until it dies), as it meets my needs for virtually everything.

But it's not like the camera stop taking pictures when a new model comes out :wink:

Mu-43 Legend
I'm excited that I got 2 1/2 years out of an EP1 (though I sold and re-bought 3 of them actually in that time span) and just under a year out of my EPM1.

The other issue, though, is electronics break, and it seems it's almost too expensive to repair them compared to just buying new, which is a sorry state of affairs for the environment.

Latest threads

Top Bottom