1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

No more love &Admiration for EP3?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Bhupinder2002, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi guys ..
    I have just noticed that our beloved EP3 have suddenly lost the limelight to OMD for amazing features and Panny GX1 for amazing price.Its such a beautiful machine . I am wondering if we can see more EP3 appearing in Buy& Sell soon.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

2. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I think the great E-P3 sell off came right before and after the E-M5 was released. I haven't noticed them going for cheap as of late. I DO think it's a nice camera. Add the larger grip and it's a pretty nice handling rig.

• Like Like x 2
  3. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    Even though I LOOOOOVE my E-M5, still miss my E-P3... (shoot, still my original :43: baby, my Red E-PL2 :crying: )

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bhupinder2002

Hahhhh we are pretty much in the same boat.I also have red EPL2 and its stunning .
    Cheers

DSC01369.

5. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    I have Red EPL3 and I love it as well.. Tilt screen is a biggy for me with the EPL3..:smile:.. Shoot Street shots and no one is aware.. some do but not many..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bhupinder2002

I agree , tilt screen makes a huge difference actually .People here in Australia generally dont care but can get conscious if u point camera directly on their face.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

7. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    can't wait for the new generation of Pens. All they need to do is to put that new 16MP sensor and keep the same price points. No need to change the design so our significant others would still think it's the same cam:) At $499 Oly E-PM2 will have the highest IQ density (coupled w/Panny 20 or the like) ever.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Thats right, Bhu, no more love nor admiration for the now passé ep3, nor the GF1, which is still a beautiful, wonderful machine... Why not lament its loss of hubub? :wink:

Such is just the ebb and flow of electronic cameras... And before you know it, the annointed one, the E-M5, will become passé as new models come about which capture all the limelight and command adoring praise. Then, if you wish, the new models can be annointed as the new "King" and the passé E-M5 can be sadly lamented as simply being yesterday's news. :frown: :wink: I guess I'm just jaded... all the hype and hoopla just seems really silly to me.?. All this "stuff" stuff just comes and goes and is in short order, forgotten. Life cycle of today's goods are microscopic and I've lived long enough to see this kind of thing happen over and over and over. No big deal, really. Expect more of it moving forward.

Do people still love the GF1 and the EP3? Of course they do... why shouldn't they? Though they are now "rear view mirror" fodder when it comes to gear obsession.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I was delighted to get a great deal on an E-P3 just after the OM-D came out. I thought it would be at least a year before the price hit a point that I could afford. It's the camera that I grab most often - I love it! :biggrin:

10. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Yep!
    The vaunted E-P2 was launched with new price of $1000 USD - now you can get one new for $230 USD....

• Like Like x 1
  11. BSH

BSH Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2012
    WI
    Still waiting to get one. By Christmas, for sure (barring unexpected car or medical work...)

12. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    The E-P3 at the current E-P2 price point would be awesome!

13. grantb

grantb Mu-43 Veteran

I'm still loving my E-P3. OM-D is technically superior in every way it seems, but it is missing one thing: the Pen form factor. I could trade up, but somehow the most compelling mu4/3 camera ever is not compelling me to buy it (thus far). I hate to say it, but I think it's the hump.

• Like Like x 3
  14. brutto

brutto Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 17, 2011
    I went to the biggest camera store in the area on Saturday expecting to be seduced by an OM-D but, having given it a good try - alongside a Nex-7, Fuji X-Pro 1, GH2 - I found I preferred my E-P3. With the big grip, the E-P3 is so much more comfortable in my hands, so I decided to hold on and see what future Pens bring.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bhupinder2002

I am with u and honestly hump makes me uncomfortable .Only camels and bulls should have humps and not digital cameras.. Lol. I am being attracted to GX1 actually .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

16. Bartle Frere

Bartle Frere Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 8, 2012
    London
    I have the current wave of EM5 love to thank for my dirt cheap EP3, picked up from this very forum. And I love it, it felt like a huge step up from my EP1.

From now on I'll be treating cameras like cars - stay one step behind the pack and buy second hand...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    i thought about selling mine
    but my niece loves it...so instead i bought a yellow aki asahi skin for her for it

we did a recent photo walk so i could play with my x100, and she chose the ep3 over the em5 for her camera
    she said it was maia sized... lol :D

i miss the large grip and smaller body size of the ep3, but i sure dont miss that shutter sound! the em5 sounds like fresh chocolate chip cookie smell.
    (ive got the oly grip addon for em5, i just prefer the feel of the large grip on ep3, its smaller, but enuf)

lol
    YESSSSS i get to hoard it fo-EVAAAAAAAA :D

tho i DO need to sell my e30... *grumble*
    why is there no grumble face?! lol

18. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    LOL—different strokes for different folks.

I took my E-P3 for a walk yesterday for the first time since getting my E-M5. I prefer the E-M5 with Oly grip to the E-P3 with large grip, but I found myself really enjoying the sharper "click" of the shutter on the E-P3.

I don't know what it is about the E-M5 but somehow it seems smaller than the E-P3 to me, even with the landscape portion of the grip attached (different matter with the full grip). I think it may have to do with density, higher mass but very little difference in size means the E-M5 is denser, but that's a guess. It just feels compact in a way that the E-P3 doesn't feel to me, and the E-P3 is certainly compact.

19. MexicoMik

MexicoMik Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2012
    Yeah, getting rid of that old fashioned POS EP3 now that I ordered my new OMD! ;)

Why, I ordered it, I don't really know...it was a weird and uncanny juxtaposition of

1. someone posting that BH had silver bodies,
    2. the fact that BH really DID have silver bodies,
    3. I happened to have my credit card on the desk...

20. brianb032

brianb032 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 10, 2011
    N.Carolina
    I felt the same about the size differences also. Even compared to the GF3, I noticed the size difference between the two cameras but I really didn't feel the difference that was there. It may have to do with how well it's balanced. The E-M5 is probably one of the most physically balanced m43 cameras. It's hard to explain until you get your hands on it.