No focusing ring

ArizonaMike

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I recently ordered the Panasonic 12-32 lens for use on my Olympus M5.3. When it arrived I was surprised to find that it had no focusing ring and thus is an auto-focus only lens. That is OK since I almost always use auto-focus but I was surprised. I am not aware of any Olympus auto-focus only lenses so are there more Panasonic lenses without a focusing ring?

Just wondering as I would not want to order another lens that does not have the ability to use manual focusing.

bargainguy

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Don
I know the GM1 had a setting under Setup that allowed MF with the 12-32. I haven't seen a similar setting on Olympus bodies. You can do a Preset MF on the 5.3, but that's just a return to a single predetermined focus point. Not the same as full MF.

ArizonaMike

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I know the GM1 had a setting under Setup that allowed MF with the 12-32.

I guess that is a reason to make sure you buy lenses from the same company who makes your camera ...

It never occurred to me to check to see if the 12-32 had a manual focus ring since it never occurred to me that it would not as I don't think I ever saw another lens without one. No auto-focus - sure - but not no manual focus.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
I recently ordered the Panasonic 12-32 lens for use on my Olympus M5.3. When it arrived I was surprised to find that it had no focusing ring and thus is an auto-focus only lens. That is OK since I almost always use auto-focus but I was surprised. I am not aware of any Olympus auto-focus only lenses so are there more Panasonic lenses without a focusing ring?

Just wondering as I would not want to order another lens that does not have the ability to use manual focusing.
Same thing with the XiaoYi f:1.8/42.5 mm

Latest threads

Top Bottom