Nissin i60A flash announced

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Holoholo55, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    • Like Like x 2
  2. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

That looks pretty sweet - finally off camera radio controlled FP/TTL with higher power. Hopefully a good alternative to the old FL-50R and new but expensive FL-580L.

3. christofp

christofp Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2012
    "all versions will cleverly include Canon, Nikon, and Sony, TTL radio slave modes for off camera use (with corresponding Air 1 Commander units)."

Only Canon, Nikon and Sony, does this mean that the m43 radio slave mode I am waiting for is not available?

4. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aww snap! I think you're right...

5. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    I'm curious to see if you could still use remote manual instead of TTL for M43 via center pin only.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 mobile app

6. kingston

kingston New to Mu-43

Mar 1, 2016
    interesting

7. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    Well, if using it only for remote manual, you might as well look at Yongnuo flashes or something similar. A lot less expensive and remotes available.

8. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    After some research and advice from some helpful members here, I'm actually moving over to the Godox (flashpoint, cheetah, bolt, neweer, etc) system. It will be rather nice to have smaller pocket strobes and portable 300ws strobes all using the same trigger with remote manual control.

9. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    Let us know how those work out.

10. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    So far I've picked up two of the original AD360 (Adorama variant because of sale, and no real advantage with the mark ii for m43) and really like them. I will say that I think it's something to accompany standard pocket strobes, but not replace; as even at 1/128 power it was more than expected. The remote manual power adjustment is fantastic, as is the way the light fills modifiers like softboxes (which I had to use a stofen to get similar quality from normal pocket strobe). I'm also consistently getting a sync speed of 1/320, which is above the 1/250 listed for the GX8. Once they announce the full specs for the V850ii's, I'll make the call on if I want to replace my LP160s with the first or second gen versions.