Nissin i40 and E-P5 - TLL or Auto not working (Solution found)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by kaotage, Mar 15, 2015.

1. kaotage

kaotage New to Mu-43

Mar 21, 2013
    TLL or Auto on flash Nissin i40 is not working. Flash icon on E-P5 screen is gray. Is it something I'm doing wrong or is it flash or camera fault. Flash does work on Sf and Sd setting (on flash).

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    When set to TTL the 'TTL' LED next to the right dial on the right side should light up indicating that the flash is in TTL mode, it does this on camera (even if the camera is off) and when it's not connected to anything at all.

At a glance it would appear that there's something wrong with the flash, does it work on manual power mode? It may be that the TTL setting is not working. Sf and Sd are slave film and slave digital, the film setting triggers on preflashes and the digital ignores metering preflashes - they're meant for wireless flash.
  3. kaotage

kaotage New to Mu-43

Mar 21, 2013
    Thanks. Contacted Nissin and got some instructions how to fix all this. All is working again. See resolution on attached photo. Pass=Press :)

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. kerrb

kerrb New to Mu-43

Jan 4, 2014
    I have the same problem with my EM5. The camera is only recognising the flash on the Sd setting. The flash supplied with the camera is working fine. I have contacted Kenro so when I get an answer, will let you know. The flash is only 5 months old and rarely used. I've also noticed that the AF assist light is always flashing.