Nissin i140 vs. Godox MiniR2?

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by flashbang, Sep 11, 2017.

1. flashbang

flashbang Mu-43 Regular

Oct 29, 2016
    new york city
    Anyone get to actually compare the Godox Mini R2 TTL for Olympus Micro 4/3 (or Adorama's Flashpoint version) with the Nissin i140? I am sure the Nissin i140 will put out more flashes (and at a bit more power) since it uses 4 AA batteries vs. 2 on the Godox, but there is also a big difference in price.

Much as I like Nissin lights - and their tech guys - I am wondering if that difference is worth it. Anybody?

2. junkyardsparkle

junkyardsparkle Mu-43 Top Veteran

I think the Mini R2 is the Adorama branded version? Might want to put "TT350" in the title, I believe that's the actual Godox designation... and some people might recognize that and not the other. :D

3. MoonMind

MoonMind Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Switzerland
    Matt
    When shopping for the Godox X1T-O, I almost grabbed a TT350 instead - it seemed to do more or less the same things (well, turns out, not quite) with the added bonus of being a standalone flash in a pinch. It was owning the i40 that stopped me from doing that in the end. The Nissin is more compact and, with its two control dials in the back, features very quick handling - it can be adjusted in no time, whereas you have to do the traditional button jig on the TT350. That said, if you don't use the remote capabilities of the TT350, there shouldn't be too much of a problem - in the sense of "set and forget". If, however, you plan to go wireless in the near future, the TT350 gives you access to the Godox system - which is very impressive. I intended to use the TT350 to control my AD200 - which it can do. As a standalone flash, I prefer the i40 - small, surprisingly powerful, quick and intuitive in use. So, it really depends on your intended usage ...

M.