Nissin Di466 flash

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by JunT86, Nov 3, 2010.

1. JunT86

JunT86 New to Mu-43

Sep 15, 2010
    I recently bought myself a Nissin Di466 flash head, it's a really good flash unit but Is there a wireless trigger for it?
    I've been testing the slave modes and I don't like it how the built-in flash is used as the fill light. I just want the light from the Nissin unit? Or is there a way to set the built-in flash to trigger before the shutter?

P.S camera am using is a Panasonic G1
  2. New Daddy

New Daddy Mu-43 Regular

Jan 24, 2011
    I'm in the same shoe as the OP. Any first-hand experience? I've found a posting that says RF602 can RF trigger DI466 for 4/3, but I've hear no confirmation from Nissin. (Can Nissin Di466 be triggered via YongNuo RF602 trigger)

As the OP said, Nissin Di466 is a fine flash for its price, but the lack of auto mode and paucity of compatible RF trigger is a significant shortcoming.
  3. shoturtle

Oct 15, 2010
    not with ttl, any wireless trigger will be manual setup. You can set the di466 as a optical slave and do the manual setup just like the wireless trigger.
  4. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Taneytown , MD
    so just to be sure, this flash can be fired optically with the onboard flash of the G5, or any other flash unit. It also has the TTL so it will zoom and set power accordingly with the camera? And it has manual power control as needed?
  5. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    I don't believe the Di466 is TTL -- it's a simple strobe. It can sit on the hotshoe or it can be fired using a light pulse.

It will definitely work with generic wireless triggers such as the RF-602. But it won't be TTL in any wireless configuration.

The G1 doesn't do infrared wireless flash control anyway, so there is no inexpensive way to do wireless TTL by radio with the G1.
  6. Just Jim

Just Jim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    It has TTL on hotshoe only, or if there is a hotshoe ttl cord. Not sure if that cord exists. It does have an optical slave, but I'd suggest popping it on a larger slave for better response, they're usually in the range of $10 usd. If you really are pensive about if the triggers will work, buy one that offers cabled to wireless rather than a hotshoe connected trigger. eg the cowboy studio trigger just connects to the pc's or mini audio port, and doesn't even use hotshoe.