1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

NIKON VR activation on Panasonic cameras

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by stargate, Sep 8, 2013.

1. stargate

stargate Mu-43 Regular

Aug 14, 2013
    Greece
    Well, I had a thought about NIKON VR lenses. For VR they are supposed to be independent of the camera electronics except for getting the required voltage for operating. So does it mean that on an m4/3 adaptor where there is enough space to mount lens mount contacts we can give the lens externally the required voltage and the VR will be operational? Do cameras that are older than VR introduction exist that are compatible with VR? That will suggest that my suspision may be correct.
    I tried to get any relevant info on the internet but I have not managed to find anything more than this
    http://nicmosis.as.arizona.edu:8000/ECLIPSE_WEB/ECLIPSE_05/VR_KEEPALIVE.html
    which is not exactly what i ask but gives some interesting info nevertheless.
    Has anyone knowledge on the feasibility of this?

Please no comments like "get a body with IBIS" :smile:

2. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I've never seen any way to get power to an adapted lens (except of 43 lenses).

3. stargate

stargate Mu-43 Regular

Aug 14, 2013
    Greece
    If it were possible for VR to work just by providing it with the required voltage, it would be a simple matter of attaching a small power pack to the adaptor and activate VR via a "momentary-ON" switch operated by the left hand. Alas, I fear that if it were so simple and no other communication from the camera was needed someone must have built it by now. Or not?