Nikon V1 with 10-30mm refurbs for $459

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by CarlB, Sep 19, 2012.

1. CarlB

CarlB Mu-43 Veteran

On Not too bad for fast and sure auto-focus, sharp, 1" sensor, built-in EVF with the 10-30mm kit lens.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    I won't end up buying one, but that's a hell of a deal...Thanks for sharing it!
  3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    If you can live without the EVF, the J1 is below, same lens, for $319.
  4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    A lot of birders maximize its auto-focus capability with the 2.7x crop factor by putting on the big Nikon zooms...
  5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm tempted to get a V1 + FT1 adapter for this very reason. :wink:
  6. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    The shot below was with my J1 and a friend's 70-200 at 195mm for a 35mm equivalent of 526mm! :eek:

I can't even begin to imagine what the 300 ƒ4 or 600 ƒ4 would be like on it :biggrin:

San Antonio Shooter by RedTail_Panther, on Flickr
    • Like Like x 1
  7. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    That looks nice. I was always wondering how the manual focusing on those Nikons is, but I don't know anybody who has one and can compare to m4/3. Would you mind to comment on that? Specifically, I was wondering whether this could be the miniature set to just go out with the kit lens and 2-3 decent c-mount lenses, sort of an alternative to the GF2 with slightly better sensor coverage for the wider c-mounts. Is that realistic?

8. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    I can't really say since I've always autofocused with mine.
    But when using the FT1 adapter, you only get the center auto-focus point....
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CarlB

CarlB Mu-43 Veteran

eBay 10mm prime for

Limited quantities, but new, pulled from kits: $155.89
    Nikon 1 Nikkor 10 mm f/2.8 Lens (Black) for CX Format 018208033065 | eBay

RT, that telephoto shot looks dang sharp. Not too bad a setup. Twice the reach of the Nikkor-1-native 10-100mm - but I'll bet a bit bigger too. :)

OK, so I decided to give it a try, ordered the V1 refurb from Cameta and the above prime lens. I do like to evaluate a camera with a prime.

I *really* like the idea of the V1's size, the reported sharpness of this prime lens, a built-in evf, fast and sure auto-focus ...

I hear there's a fast prime (f1.8?) coming out for these soon, too ...

Now, if Pen or Pan had a small E-PM1-ish camera with built in evf, I wouldn't even be thinking of the Nikon ... Hello, Olympus ... Hello Panasonic ... this isn't too tough you know.
  10. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Yes..there's an 18.5mm ƒ1.8 that was announced (should've been released earlier)

But from what I've seen, most folks use the 1 system to take advantage of the 2.7x crop factor. Even the consumer 70-300 benefits.