1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Nikon V1 Review by Kai& Graham Uden of DigitalRev

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Bhupinder2002, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bhupinder2002

Its a must watch review ..lol

3. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Loved it :biggrin:

4. Bhupinder2002

Kai said Nikon has designed a camera which looks like lady gaga.. lol:rofl::rofl::rofl::

5. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    The link takes me to the Pan-Lieca review.

6. robertmwilliams

robertmwilliams Mu-43 Regular

Loved the review.
    It must have killed Kai to not love a Nikon camera :)

7. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    IMHO, it showed the two sides nicely.

If you are a Nikon fanboy with a large collection of Nikon lenses, listen to Graham's side. This camera may make sense to you.

If you are shopping for a mirrorless camera, and have no priori affiliation, listen to Kai's side. There are probably better options out there for you than the Nikon 1.

8. alans

alans Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 28, 2010
    I agree with Kai - it looks a bit Joan Collins...

Thanks for the link.

9. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Kai is a pretty hardcore Nikon guy. I think he's grown to like the E-P3. :smile:

10. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    No thanks - GF1 for me

I take my hat off to Nikon for being innovative enough to launch a brand new format and the video does show it has capability and can produce some good results (not sure what 100% looks like though).
    I would not use most of the features and am happy to stick with my GF1+20mm as my every day camera (still have my full frame DSLR+rangefinder for other use).

I suspect the GF1 replacement will be a lot more attractive to me and I am sure (Hope) the price will be less than that of the V1, but perhaps this will encourage Canon to climb of the fence and join the fray which can only be good for the future development of Mu43rd cameras.

11. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    But I like Joan Collins (in her younger days when she was 50). LOL!

12. LovinTheEP2

LovinTheEP2 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Kai nailed it again. Real world review if you ask me.

The part about it looking like an incomplete piece of Tetris block.. too funny but sooooo true.

Also liked Grahams comment about how the VF isn't really usuable in how it was designed and laid out.

:2thumbs:

13. Bhupinder2002

I also liked his reviews .But again the point is if sony , samsung and Fuji can design the EVIL with APS-C sensor then why Nikon didn't do it? I think they probably don't want to as it can effect their DSLR sales.Secondly these cameras are just over priced. Just look at the size of that tele zoom lens which Graham was using . I am wondering if any lesser known company like GE, Vivitar would have come up with this camera , many people would have just dismissed it as a stupid move. Now it carried a Nikon word and many people have to say good thing about it. Anyway I love my Pen Bodies.Such cameras make u believe that u have the best of both worlds- ease of Point and shoot and quality of DSLR.Long live Panasonic and Olympus .
    Cheers

14. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Technically it's a 10x superzoom, which will probably be the largest lens for the system, but, yes, it's HUGE, especially considering the slow aperture

15. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Looks bigger than the 14-140 for sure!

16. Bhupinder2002

Its much bigger than most of the MFT lenses and the whole purpose of creating a more portable system than MFT stands defeated. I have no clue who were the advisors and designers of this Nikon system.I was just at my local camera store and It just looks so cheap and plasticky in hands .If someone is paying a premier amount of money for anything they deserve much better quality which Nikon has failed to deliver . Some multinationals start taking consumers for granted and assume that people will buy what ever they manufacture.This camera should be below USD 499 with twin lens kit and probably 299-399 with single lens kit.

17. wattseee

wattseee Mu-43 Regular

Jun 14, 2011
    I can't believe the amount of advertising I've seen for this camera. Magazines, web and even billboards at tram stops!! I've got a feeling it'll sell ok numbers compared to m43 but who's to know whether that's indication of a good camera or just the benefit of good marketing.

the review is piss funny though. they really couldn't have got a bigger tosser to go all pro nikon. Sure he's probably a great photographer but a fair tool.

18. Bhupinder2002

Yes , Nikon is putting their whole weight behind this range.I think they wanna make this success given that their point and shoot camera rage is the most pathetic one. But they should have come up with a Nex like body and that would have been enough for many people to add a second body to their already existing Nikon Gear.They may be successful who knows as majority of the people hardly know anything beyond Canon and Nikon as camera producers