1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Nikon to Olympus

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by lenshunter, Oct 18, 2012.

1. lenshunter

lenshunter New to Mu-43

Aug 8, 2012
    Hi,i guess this is a dumb question but here goes.I have a BUNCH of Nkon AF glass,my question is what adapter would i need to get it to work on my e-pl1 and e-pl2.Any help would make my day.Thanks

2. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

AF-S or AF-D?
    No adaptor will allow for auto focusing. If you need that then the Nikon 1 system would be a better choice for you.
    If your lenses are AF-S{G} lenses then you have to find one of the adaptors that has a rotating ring to adjust the aperture{unless you like shooting fully closed all the time}. For AF-D or earlier manual lenses just get an F mount adaptor. Some of the adaptors are a little off and allow focus just beyond infinity! Some adaptors fit a little loose too but that is more annoying than anything else. They often have a little screw as the stop for locking them onto the camera and said screw can sometimes come loose{I put a drop of superglue on mine to prevent that}. As for brand I have found the Fotodiox to be good without being pricey. There are some very nice brands such as Voightlander and Novoflex but their prices are twillight zone!