nikon speedlight on GF2

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by s2s1, Apr 19, 2011.

1. s2s1

s2s1 New to Mu-43

Apr 19, 2011
    I have an old Nikon SB-800 TTL speedlight, Is it safe to use on a Lumix GF2?
  2. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    The secondary pins are not compatible so it is best to blank those off with a bit of card or plastic just leaving the main pin exposed.

All Nikon flash have a tigger voltage below 6v so is safe to use on the GF2. You may be restricted to manual only but with luck you may be able to have non-TTL auto if the flash supports it. Many recent flash don't. The SB-800 is a large flash and I wouldn't have thought it would be a balanced combination.

Why not get yourself a Nissin Di466 Four Thirds? Less than $100 on eBay including shipping. You will get proper TTL flash control, variable manual control, automatic zoom control of the head, built in wide angle diffuser (works fine with my Olympus 9-18mm zoom) and deflector, and it can be used as a optical slave with any other flash as a trigger.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. s2s1

s2s1 New to Mu-43

Apr 19, 2011
    Thanks for your quick reply PeterB666.

It's good thing to hear that my GF 2 is safe from my SB800. I'll try too read from the manual if the speedlight supports non TTl auto.

For now I have to make do with what I have, just recently bought the GF2. So, I'm still saving funds for additional accessories for it:) Thanks for the suggestion though. might consider getting the Nissin Di466, when I have sufficient funds already.