Nikon outlines weak financial performance

JLGF1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jerry
...from camera business units. Ouch.

Nikon_nosedive.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Pluttis

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
Yeah Nikon have huge problems, they are currently the manufacture with the quickest fall in imaging sales.

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
Yep. (So I had a dream where) I heard this guy talking about a guy who knows somebody who talked about Nikon's situation and I got the feeling that
NIKON IS SHUTTING DOWN THEIR CAMERA BUSINESS (eventually)

Yep. Thats right. How about that? And it happened to Konica once so it will happen to Nikon too. And Canon. And Fuji. Panasonic and Olympus? They're already dead I've heard. We're all doomed. DOOOOOOOMED. :hide:

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
Don't forget what happened to Samsung cameras. Astonishing considering their massively diverse range and centuries old pedigree.
How long were they in the business? Not that long. At least compared to the Canikonlympus.

EDIT: I see they launched their first DSLR back in 2006 so it was like dipping their toes into the lake and decided it was too cold for them and ran home.

Real Name
Richard
"Nikon blames the forecast change on an “overestimation of market size/share” and the fact that the shift toward full-frame mirrorless cameras away from full-frame DSLRs “has not accelerated as expected.""

Virtually everyone in the Western World has a good quality camera in their pocket, and they are looking for accelerated growth in systems which require a wheelbarrow to move them around? Small is beautiful.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
How long were they in the business? Not that long. At least compared to the Canikonlympus.

EDIT: I see they launched their first DSLR back in 2006 so it was like dipping their toes into the lake and decided it was too cold for them and ran home.
Yes, Samsung had high hopes to take the camera market by storm. They really did want to be on top, but not many took them seriously as a camera & lens maker.
Now Nikon on the other hand, they better pull their socks up or they'll go down the gurgle. ;)

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom