1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Nikon Nikkor lens

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by taotao7, May 12, 2011.

1. taotao7

taotao7 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2011
    Hi Everybody,

It seems like i got lucky today. I found out that my father in law has an old collection of Prime Nikon Nikkor lens and a mint conditions. those are the lens:
    35/1.4
    55/3.5
    85/2
    135/.2.8

does anyone has any experience with those lenses? also can someone recommand a suitable adaptor that will fit to the GH2?

Thanks!
    Avi

2. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    Those are all nice lenses. The 85/2.0, 55/3.5 (I'm assuming macro) and 135/2.8 are fantastic lenses. Metabones makes a good adapter.

3. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    Your father in law had taste! All these lenses are quite good, some great.

Metabones adapter OK. Voigtländer, Novoflex not too bad either... at a premium. Nothing much of a practical difference: when you set them on infinity, focus IS on infinity. No big deal on longer lenses.

4. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
  5. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    Lucky!

6. aleksanderpolo

aleksanderpolo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 31, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    These are all great lens, congrats!

7. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
  8. He obviously had good taste in lenses.

9. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Terrible lenses. I'll buy them from you for $35 each :)

Enjoy!

10. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

Do I sense give away to those in need of good macro lens? :biggrin:

11. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I don't have any Nikkor lenses, but I have used RJ and Rainbow Imaging adapters, and have found them good quality, good fit and relatively affordable. eBay and Amazon is where I find both.

12. taotao7

taotao7 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2011
    Thanks all, It seems as i striked gold with this find. The man is a photography fan with a very good taste. It seems that his taste in lens are no different.

Now the big question is which wider lens i should get, another vintage or one of the 14/17/20mm Pana/Oly lens?

About the adaptors, what's the different between the 35 dollars ones sold at amazon then the 180 dollar Voigtländer?

thanks

13. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    If you look around on this forum, you'll find plenty of posts where people have debated the pros and cons of every single adapter out there.

But in short ... if you get a cheap one, there is a possibility that you might get one that was poorly manufactured (allows light to leak in through holes, doesn't seat properly, doesn't secure the lens tightly, doesn't have a non-reflective inner coating, etc.).

That being said, I have a cheap Rainbow Imaging one myself and it works great. I would not have paid $180 for an adapter to put on the lens that I paid $40 for!

14. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    I have several different brands of adapter... none of them expensive.

I give high marks to RainbowImaging on eBay.. Faaaaaasssst shipping, nice quality.

I have some other brands as well, but they took too darn long to arrive.

I've only had one minor issue, and Luckypenguin had a fix for it that took about 30 seconds...

Nice set of lenses you stumbled into by the way..

15. Van

Van Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2011
    The RainbowImaging adaptor is only $28 USD on Amazon, fyi. (Link) Works perfectly for me.

16. Forget about vintage wides. The size and weight is significant, the prices are not much cheaper if any than the native 14,17, & 20mm, no automatic focus or diaphragm, etc. If you have another use for them, yes. If you want them for m4/3, no. IMHO

• Like Like x 1
  17. taotao7

taotao7 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2011
    thanks

18. taotao7

taotao7 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2011
    Promise to get some shots and posted when i'll get the camera :)

19. MegaPixelTravel

MegaPixelTravel Mu-43 Regular

May 14, 2011
    Canada
    35mm at f1.4 & 85mm f/2, now that is a find!

I have a buddy and we tested the nikon lens on MFT body (olympus something) and they are some great shots. Quality is excellent. Buy an adapter, its so worth it!

20. taotao7

taotao7 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2011
    Already did :)