Nikon lenses on M43 bodies

connloyalist

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Christine
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Christine, you have, what WNG in another forum calls a "lens Harum." I too had same habit...tried Olys, rare Pentaxes and suddently stood up...and admitted, me Amature, me do not need all this...so sold non Nikkors and now live with three Nikkors. (50/14, 35/2, 135 28) and relax plus one old waterproof point and shoot and relax for quick snaps. The Nikkors are "habit lenses, working will with the A6300 or ole GX1...and I smile...easily. the old 35/2 is most used and I do not misss one lens. Love me back.
Yes, and since I started this thread the "harum" has grown considerably. :blush:
Nikon, Canon FD a little Minolta. I mostly use Olympus lenses these days, with my E-M1.2

Regards, C.

BobBill

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob Hively-Johnson
You chose OLy for size? I had an exquisite 38mm 40 Zuiko but never cozied up to its renderings.
My three NIkkor glass lenses are heavy and bulky in front of adaptors but "have it."

And simple works for me.
"Simple doing is easy, but very difficult to explain. Seems simple is best in the beginnning and always later."

C'est Le bateau - old Nikkor 50/1.4 but was ([email protected]) film-snap.

Attachments

Last edited:

connloyalist

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Christine
You chose OLy for size? I had an exquisite 38mm 40 Zuiko but never cozied up to its renderings.
My three NIkkor glass lenses are heavy and bulky in front of adaptors but "have it."

And simple works for me.
"Simple doing is easy, but very difficult to explain. Seems simple is best in the beginnning and always later."

C'est Le bateau - old Nikkor 50/1.4 but was ([email protected]) film-snap.
I chose Olympus for various reasons. Weight is indeed one of them. Also the Nikon lens catalog is scattered with quite a few lenses that contain thorium to one degree or another (not wanting to open that discussion here). Mostly the Olympus lenses feel good to me. My favorite is actual a very lowly lens: the 75-150 4.0 It is not well regarded but I love it.

Regards, C.

Erich_H

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
I chose Olympus for various reasons. Weight is indeed one of them. Also the Nikon lens catalog is scattered with quite a few lenses that contain thorium to one degree or another (not wanting to open that discussion here). Mostly the Olympus lenses feel good to me. My favorite is actual a very lowly lens: the 75-150 4.0 It is not well regarded but I love it.

Regards, C.
Don't think the thorium/radio active lenses are that dangerous if you don't sleep with them. Lots of other things in the environment that are perilous too. Auto exhaust, all kinds of viruses, chemicals in foodstuff, and so on. Just my five cents... ☢

Last edited:

BobBill

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob Hively-Johnson
OP some, WNG on E-mount forum, might say you have a "habit harum." I was there, went simple to 3-4 Nikkors and sat back. Had the spendy Pentax 135/2.5 and went back to lumbering Nikkor...never saw a memorable 135. (I carry a wee P&I for quick and snaps, so am happy clumo with simple, but then that is me; collecting has a place, just like simple.

connloyalist

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Christine
Since I first posted this my lens collection has.... "grown" a bit :) For me it's partly the excitement of discovery and exploration. When it really comes down to it though, the "80/20 rule" applies: For 80% of my pictures I use 20% of my lenses.

Regards, C.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom