Nikon lenses--Awesome

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Rider, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Rider

Rider Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2010
    I finally got the Voigtlander Nikon F adapter for my E-PL1.

I've tried the following lenses very briefly:

AF 24/2.8--a bit slow for this focal length, but good quality and good focs ring. I will want to try the Panasonic 20/1.7.

MF 35/2--awesome combination of focal length and speed, great focus ring.

AF 50/1.8--Very nice quality, usefyl focal length, not the greatest focus ring.

AF 105/2 DC--Outstanding optics, well damped focus ring, very shallow focus when you need it.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Conrad

Conrad Mu-43 Veteran

Do you have sample shots with this lens?
  3. Kosta

Kosta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 29, 2010
    cool! thanks for the hot tips:) I used an older Nikon 50/1.8 and wasn't really impressed with it that much, i felt the konica hexanon 40 1.8 was a bit nicer for me.
    would love to check that 35/2 out!
  4. Rider

Rider Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2010
    Not yet. Hopefully this weekend.
  5. briandforever

briandforever Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2010
    is this nikon 50mm f/1.8 afd? how can you auto focus with e-pl1?
  6. Rider

Rider Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2010
    You can't autofocus. You have to use the focus ring.
  7. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

How do you get on with changing the aperture on these lenses?
  8. shoturtle

Oct 15, 2010
    on the lenses that do not have a aperture, you shoot wide open. But I know on canon there is a dof preview. If you hold it down and dismount the lens, it will hold the aperture setting you set with the camera. Not sure if that will work with the nikon's. But seems a allot of work to have 2 cameras just to change the aperture.
  9. Rider

Rider Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2010
    Most Nikon lenses fall into two categories: those that have an aperture ring and those that don't. The AF lenses released in the last few years do not have an aperture ring and referred to as "G-type".

With lenses that have an aperture ring, you just turn the ring.

Novoflex and others make a special adapter that lets you adjust G-type lenses as well. You can't tell exactly what f-stop you're using though (unless you shoot wide open). Without the special adapter, you always shoot closed down, I think, but I haven't tried.

My Voigtlander adapter does not accept G-type lenses. Most of the interesting lenses for m-43 are not G-type. Some exotic G-type lenses would be nice on m-43, but they're way too expensive (such as 24mm f/1.4).
  10. ill_dawg

ill_dawg Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    I just picked up a Nikon g-m43 adapter, and it has 7 numbered stops on the built in aperture ring. It doesn't tell you what he value of the stop is, but my 50/1.4 has 8 stops in its ring. The adapter seems to give me the same stops for the first 7, and it gives me the minimum aperture if I twist it past the last one. This is my only Nikon lens right now, so I don't know if this is true for all of them, but my adapter lets me know what f-stop I'm on by looking at the number on the ring (0123456) and adding that many stops to the maximum.
  11. Rider

Rider Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2010
    Who makes your Nikon g-m43 adapter?

12. ill_dawg

ill_dawg Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    The box says "CoYo adapter ring", but I've googled them, and there isn't much out there about them. It's probably a cheap Chinese knockoff of the real thing. I paid about $65US for it, but camera stuff is expensive here in Jakarta. I found a market here with tons of old MF lenses for (relatively) cheap, so I figured it was worth it. The 50/1.4 only cost me $75, which is much less than the 50mm 4/3 available here (the sigma and the oly). Sorry about the photos, crappy webcam shots.

Attached Files: