1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nikon Lens + TC question

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by f8andbethere, Aug 14, 2012.

1. f8andbethere

f8andbethere Mu-43 Regular

I have a G3, and am wondering if anyone has tried a 1.4TC combined with a Nikon 80-200 f/2.8 for an effective focal length of 560mm f/4? How difficult would manual focusing be? I would probably buy a Voightlander adapter unless someone has a better suggestion. My lens has the aperture ring.

2. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    Hi,

I use the 80-200/2.8 ED on my OM-D (that has IBIS) and I find focusing already difficult, specially when close-up.

But with the 1.4x TC ?????? It's definitely going to be a challenge !!!!

Have fun,
    Rafael

3. f8andbethere

That doesn't really surprise me. I had been thinking of getting an adapter but maybe I'll just stick with the dedicated lenses. I bought a Panny 45-200mm this afternoon from a :43: member. It will be interesting to see how it works at the long end.

4. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales

• Like Like x 3
  5. f8andbethere

Wow! If I can get shots even close to this I will be happy. I have read that some copies of this lens are not very sharp. Clearly that's not the case with your copy.

6. ante

ante Mu-43 Regular

Jul 15, 2012
    Denmark
    I am curious: Did you use IBIS, OIS, or none for those pics? Tripod?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.