Nikon G to Micro Four Thirds adapters

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by PeterB666, Nov 11, 2010.

1. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    I am picking up a second-hand Nikon D90 with a 50mm f/1.8 AF-D lens (which has an aperture ring) and a 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 G type lens (which doesn't have an aperture ring).

I would like feedback from anyone using Nikon to MFT adapters that allow the control of the aperture.

Novoflex make one but it is hideously expensive.

Elphoto (Japanese) also make one which is far more reasonable in price.

Rayqual (Japanese) make one too but I don't know what it costs or where to get one.

Then there are the cheap eBay ones. Already having a OM to MFT and Robot screw mount to MFT adapter that don't quite allow infinity focus, I would prefer to pay for one that works.

Anyone have experience with Nikon G to MFT adapters and can recommend one?

2. ill_dawg

ill_dawg Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    If you can find this adapter, it should be pretty cheap. Mine focuses just past infinity, so if you back off a bit you're fine. It has numbers on the aperture ring, which I've heard some other g mount adapters don't have. The ring actually stops on each number, so you can gauge by sight and by feel about what your f-stop is. here are some more crappy camera phone shots of the adapter on the camera, and some shots taken with the combo.
  3. briandforever

briandforever Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2010
    i am a nikon user

im happy with this ebay
  4. naturecloseups

naturecloseups Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2010
    Peter -- the Novoflex may be expensive but you get what you pay for. My FD adapter by Novoflex is solidly made and reportedly has very low thermal expansion. I would expect the F adapter to be similar.

Beware of cheap Chinese N/F G -> m4/3 adapter. Mine suffered from a terrible light leak, read about it here

I heard the AI (non-G) adapter does not suffer from the same problem but I did not have the heart to check out, I bought a Voigtlander and am happy to be able to use inly non-G lenses.