Nikon G adapter with AF

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by CVigilV, Nov 26, 2013.

1. CVigilV

CVigilV Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2013
    I found some old lenses my father had stored and most of then are really good, like the Nikkor 105mm f/2.0 DC.

I was searching for an adapter to make use of them, but since almost all of them have AF I wasnt able to find any of them.

Any one has found some? If so, can you add the link or where to buy?

Thanks in advance,
  2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    AF lenses work fine with all Nikon adapters. You just have to focus manually using the focus ring on the lens. There are no adapters that give you AF with Nikon lenses on non-Nikon cameras.
  3. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    If I remember correctly, the initial document that came out with the announcement of the Metabones Speed Booster said that they would be making one that allowed Nikon lenses to be AF'd, but there has been any news about that since. That's the closest to one that I've heard of.

There are some Canon to NEX adapters that allow autofocus, though painfully slow, but for the most part AF only comes with same-company adapters (e.g., Sony A to Sony NEX, 4/3 to m4/3, etc.)
  4. m43man

m43man Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2012
    yea, very disappointing, even if they don't do AF, at least electronic contacts for aperture readout/recording onto EXIF, I really don't like whole bunch of photos without EXIF like in the film days.