Nikon D600 -- Massive Price Drop

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Promit, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Okay, so this is not confirmed but the word on the street is that the D600 is about to get a $700 price drop.

SEVEN. HUNDRED.

Specifically, the D600 will be selling for $1999 with the 24-85 VR kit lens. Still speculation at this point, but frankly stunning if true. Might be worth staying up for, as I can't imagine stock will last very long. Don't know if this is a permanent price change or not. Remember to go through the site's affiliate links, as I have to imagine that Amin sees a decent commission on a handful of $2000 sales :)

• Like Like x 5
  2. supermaxv

supermaxv Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 20, 2011
    Yep, the deal's up everywhere now it looks like! Damn, that's tempting.

3. MAubrey

MAubrey Photographer

Jul 9, 2012
    Bellingham, WA
    Mike Aubrey
    Now, if I just had $2000...which I would if I hadn't bought the OM-D and the 75mm, but then I wouldn't have the OM-D and 75mm...

4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    And there it goes...:rofl:

I'm glad I sold off my Nikon glass and speed lights; otherwise I might be tempted. D600 is a nifty piece of kit.

However...the weight of the OM-D EM-5 has my full and undivided appreciation.

Thanks for posting the link.

Regards,

Jim

5. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
    Great price if you're looking for a new full frame body.

Just make sure you get the sensor cleaned after 3000 shots.

6. sdsyver

sdsyver Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2012
    Northern Alberta
    Shawn
    i would simply be shot dead when it arrived! :frown:

• Like Like x 1
  7. arentol

arentol Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2012
    Nice price drop, but I am with Fmrvette... I sold off all my FF Canon gear and replaced it with the E-M5. Now instead of carrying 1 camera and 3 lenses in a big bag, and always having a backache, I carry 1 camera and 5 lenses in a small bag, and my back feels fine.

8. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    It seems to be down 420 Euro on the body only price in Belgium too ...
    Anybody knows if this D600 accepts (and works without AF of course) older Nikkor ais lenses ???

C U
    Rafael

9. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    According to the specs page it should...

Nikon | Imaging Products | Specifications - Nikon D600

• Like Like x 1
  10. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I'm not interested in warranty claims headaches, but that is interesting. How much do you think that lens would sell for on the used market?

11. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Thanks for posting this. I went ahead and added the site affiliate links above. Here they are again:

Adorama: Nikon D600 Digital Camera with 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR Lens
    B&H Photo: Nikon D600 Digital Camera with 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR Lens
    Amazon: Nikon D600 with 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR AF-S Nikkor Lens[​IMG]

If enough people use those, it'll offset the extra $$ I paid for my D600 not long ago :).

Each of those sites has it's own free bundle included for that price. The B&H one looks the best to me since it includes a SanDisk Class 10 32GB card (Amazon and Adorama give you a Transcend card), extra 3rd party battery, and a monopod. All three sites give you a free bag.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Sold as new/unused from a kit it looks like ~$400 as shown by this completed auction: New Nikon Nikkor 24 85mm F 3 5 4 5g AF s Aspherical VR Lens D600 D700 D800 018208022045 | eBay

Sold as "used" probably more like $250-300.

You don't necessarily have to go through warranty claims. I bought my D600, well aware of the oil spot "issue" and with no intention of going through any warranty claims. First of all, depending on your use, you may not see any spots. People like you and me who are mostly taking photos of people as opposed to landscapes are unlikely to encounter any - especially you with your super shallow DOF ways :smile:. Second, the oil spots supposedly stop accumulating after a couple thousand shutter releases.

My plan is to use the camera until I notice oil spots without testing for them, which will probably either never happen or happen after a few thousand shots, swab the sensor once myself, and consider it addressed.

• Like Like x 3
  13. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    It's very tempting to me ... maybe too tempting when I will be in the store next tuesday ... I will keep you informed ...

But, one major caveat for me : Nikon uses 'in lens vibration reduction' and my vintage Nikkor glass has none of that :frown::frown:

This might dramatically reduce the number of keeper shots in comparison with the E-M5 and it's magnificient IBIS ...

Decisions, decisions, ....

I definitely do NOT want to buy a whole collection of Nikkor VR lenses to cover my actual range ...

C U
    Rafael

14. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    I hate the EM5 a little bit, because the IS has created unrealistic expectations for other cameras. Even my IBIS Sony only does electronic lenses, and not as well.

• Like Like x 1
  15. b534202

b534202 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 18, 2012
    Body is still $2k though. If it is $1400 ... hmm ...

16. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Yes, that would be much bigger news!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

17. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    Sadly one cannot get these deals in Canada!

• Like Like x 1
  18. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    In for 1 $40-$80 Amin commission from amazon.

19. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I'd like to know how I went from thinking this was interesting but not for me to having to sleep on it! Why do I see myself having to sell a bunch of stuff in the near future...