1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED Nikon D5000 & 18-55 VR w/battery grip

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by photobizzz, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. photobizzz

photobizzz Mu-43 Rookie

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Sep 1, 2011
    I have a very nice (hardly used under 1k clicks) Nikon D5000 with 18-55 VR lens. The camera is unmarked as well as the LCD which articulates to fold the screen in. All functions work as new and you will have a very hard time telling the camera from new out of the box.

The lens is a Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 VR with UV filter and OEM hood (that did not come with the lens) Glass is clean and clear, no dust or marks anywhere. The VR functions as it should.

The battery pack is an aftermarket model as Nikon does not make one to fit the D5000. The shutter button on the battery grip never worked, and not from being broken, just a connectivity issue on the contacts of the grip as it was made to work with multiple bodies. It does however allow for two batteries to be used at once and balances the body.

I am shooting with an E-PL1 and much prefer the smaller body as it is more similar to a rangefinder camera which are my favorite. The camera, lens and grip come boxed.

Included for trade are the items below.

1. Nikon D5000 Body
    2. Nikkor AF-S DX 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 VR
    3. Aftermarket battery grip
    4. Nikon Strap
    5. Nikon Charger
    6. Nikon Battery
    7. Aftermarket Battery

I would like to trade this setup for a fast 50mm legacy lens but am open to other trades for m4/3 lenses. The optimum trade would be for a Canon 50/1.2 LTM in EX+ or better shape with OEM hood but other trades will be entertained.

I am new to this forum but have 652 (100% positive) feedback under colin.pritchett on eBay as well as many feedback on rangefinderforum dot com and fourthirdsphoto dot com under photobizzz. Thanks for looking!

BTW I am in the US Army and deployed to Kuwait at the moment, my wife took these photos so dont be too hard on her :biggrin:

Nikon 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Nikon5 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Battery Grip | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Please shoot me a PM if you are interested, the camera will be shipped by USPS Priority Mail with full insurance from 99577.

2. photobizzz

photobizzz Mu-43 Rookie

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Sep 1, 2011
    I would also trade the kit plus $200 cash from myself for a CV Nokton 50/1.1 if anyone was interested.

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

0   0   0

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Might be a bit tough to get rid of a DSLR on a Micro Four Thirds Forum....

4. photobizzz

photobizzz Mu-43 Rookie

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Sep 1, 2011
    Ya just thought I would try, :) I hate listing on the bay, costs too much now.

5. Mr Hahn

Mr Hahn Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0

Jul 9, 2010
    SLC, Utah
    Nate
    Yeah it's worth a try, if it was a D7000 I'd be all over it.

6. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I recommend that you try Craiglist to sell the camera. I don't see any photographer, regardless of which forum, being at the point in their career/hobby that they're investing in these types of lenses, and then wanting to unload one for a last-generation Nikon flop with kit lens.

7. photobizzz

photobizzz Mu-43 Rookie

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Sep 1, 2011
    Craigslist would be an option but dont think the population in the middle of the desert in Kuwait would be interested (mostly camels and foxes) lol. I may just give it to my wife to replace her Pentax K10D; although it does produce very nice shots, just too big for my taste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.