Nikon D3200 or Canon EOS650D

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by rossi46, Jan 6, 2013.

1. rossi46

rossi46 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2012
    Hallo all,

Its me again.
    Sorry for another thread, its the same objective of helping my friend choose an entry level DSLR, am posting this as I have no clue on DSLR cameras, and its hard to find a decent comparison information on the web.

Am posting a seperate thread instead of continuing from my "High end compact vs entry level DSLR thread" because I am narrowing down to entry level DSLR choices for him.

So Nikon D3200 vs Canon EOS 650D, please give your pros and cons in each area below -
    Please put in your input (it doesn't matter if it is a personal opinion / preferences)

- High ISO performance (is Nikon's higher resolution hurting the high ISO?)
    btw, is D3200 using Sony sensor?

- JPEG performance and quality.
    (I understand that Canon produces better JPEG skin tones?)

- Creative JPEG modes (eg. sephia, toy mode, vibrant etc). Which one do you like more?

- Kit lens (18mm - 55mm) Canon's or Nikon's kit lens are sharper and better quality?
    - How about the 18mm - 105mm?

- 35mm Prime lens, Canon's or Nikon's are better? Both give F1.8?

- Video performance, which are better. (Canon traditionally excels compared to Nikon in this area?)
    But both are destroyed by GH3 in this area I suppose? :rofl::rofl:

- Any other considerations you guys thinks are worth considering.

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks for helping me helping my friend choosing

2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    If I may be so bold....
    Why does your friend want a DSLR vice say a GH2 :confused:

3. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Six of one and half a dozen of the other. Both are more capable than he is and have more features than he'll ever need. Neither one is perfect and you'll always be able to find something the other one does better.
    Pick the one that feels better in the hand.

With every area you have made above the differences are small enough to be inconsequential.

Gordon