Showcase Nikon 50mm f/1.8 E

Carol Stee

Mu-43 Regular
Theses were taken with an E-LP1 and a Nikon 50mm f/1.8 E series pancake lens (stepped down to f/2.8 or f/4) using a rainbowimaging (eBay) adapter.

I tried the lens wide open and wasn't really pleased with the sharpness. I really like it at f/2.8 and f/4, though. :thumbup:
I like your photographs. I also have a Nikon 50mm f/1.8 manual focus lens that I use as a portrait lens on my Panasonic G2. I usually shoot at f/1.8 at auto exposure and often the pictures are over exposed; that is, too light. I can correct it in Photoshop, but I realize I'm doing something wrong. What exposure mode do you use when shooting with a Nikon lens, auto, aperture priority, shutter speed priority, or manual?

Warren T.

Mu-43 Veteran
I like your photographs. I also have a Nikon 50mm f/1.8 manual focus lens that I use as a portrait lens on my Panasonic G2. I usually shoot at f/1.8 at auto exposure and often the pictures are over exposed; that is, too light. I can correct it in Photoshop, but I realize I'm doing something wrong. What exposure mode do you use when shooting with a Nikon lens, auto, aperture priority, shutter speed priority, or manual?
Carol, if the G2 consistently overexposes with this lens, could you not simply dial in the appropriate amount of exposure compensation? I often do this with my G1, usually -1/3 or -2/3 depending on the lens and lighting situation.

Warren

redalien

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tamas
My first adapted lens, and first manual lens as a matter of fact, I like it already.

This image was wide open with natural light from a window. Looks like a nice lens for close up portraits, I really like the feel of it in my hands.

EDIT:
After 2 days I went back to the store and exchanged this lens for a 50mm f1.4 Nikkor lens, didn't have time to take pictures yet but soon I shall :)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom