Showcase Nikon 50mm f/1.8 E

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by riveredger, Aug 31, 2010.

1. riveredger

riveredger Mu-43 Regular

Aug 30, 2010
    Northern NJ
    Theses were taken with an E-PL1 and a Nikon 50mm f/1.8 E series pancake lens (stepped down to f/2.8 or f/4) using a rainbowimaging (eBay) adapter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried the lens wide open and wasn't really pleased with the sharpness. I really like it at f/2.8 and f/4, though. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Carol Stee

Carol Stee Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 17, 2010
    I like your photographs. I also have a Nikon 50mm f/1.8 manual focus lens that I use as a portrait lens on my Panasonic G2. I usually shoot at f/1.8 at auto exposure and often the pictures are over exposed; that is, too light. I can correct it in Photoshop, but I realize I'm doing something wrong. What exposure mode do you use when shooting with a Nikon lens, auto, aperture priority, shutter speed priority, or manual?

3. Warren T.

Warren T. Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2010
    San Francisco
    Carol, if the G2 consistently overexposes with this lens, could you not simply dial in the appropriate amount of exposure compensation? I often do this with my G1, usually -1/3 or -2/3 depending on the lens and lighting situation.

Warren

• Like Like x 2
  4. riveredger

riveredger Mu-43 Regular

Aug 30, 2010
    Northern NJ
    I shoot in aperture priority with the manual lens, auto ISO.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BLX

BLX Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Denmark
    Morten
  6. redalien

redalien Mu-43 Regular

Aug 23, 2012
    Tamas
    My first adapted lens, and first manual lens as a matter of fact, I like it already.

This image was wide open with natural light from a window. Looks like a nice lens for close up portraits, I really like the feel of it in my hands.

EDIT:
    After 2 days I went back to the store and exchanged this lens for a 50mm f1.4 Nikkor lens, didn't have time to take pictures yet but soon I shall :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1