1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Showcase Nikon 50mm f/1.8 E

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by riveredger, Aug 31, 2010.

1. riveredger

riveredger Mu-43 Regular

Aug 30, 2010
    Northern NJ
    Theses were taken with an E-PL1 and a Nikon 50mm f/1.8 E series pancake lens (stepped down to f/2.8 or f/4) using a rainbowimaging (eBay) adapter.

View attachment 149519

View attachment 149520

View attachment 149521

I tried the lens wide open and wasn't really pleased with the sharpness. I really like it at f/2.8 and f/4, though. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Carol Stee

Carol Stee Mu-43 Regular

Jan 17, 2010
    I like your photographs. I also have a Nikon 50mm f/1.8 manual focus lens that I use as a portrait lens on my Panasonic G2. I usually shoot at f/1.8 at auto exposure and often the pictures are over exposed; that is, too light. I can correct it in Photoshop, but I realize I'm doing something wrong. What exposure mode do you use when shooting with a Nikon lens, auto, aperture priority, shutter speed priority, or manual?

3. Warren T.

Warren T. Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2010
    San Francisco
    Carol, if the G2 consistently overexposes with this lens, could you not simply dial in the appropriate amount of exposure compensation? I often do this with my G1, usually -1/3 or -2/3 depending on the lens and lighting situation.

Warren

• Like Like x 1
  4. riveredger

riveredger Mu-43 Regular

Aug 30, 2010
    Northern NJ
    I shoot in aperture priority with the manual lens, auto ISO.

• Like Like x 1
  5. redalien

redalien Mu-43 Regular

Aug 23, 2012
    Tamas
    My first adapted lens, and first manual lens as a matter of fact, I like it already.

This image was wide open with natural light from a window. Looks like a nice lens for close up portraits, I really like the feel of it in my hands.

EDIT:
    After 2 days I went back to the store and exchanged this lens for a 50mm f1.4 Nikkor lens, didn't have time to take pictures yet but soon I shall :) 

portrait_50mm.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.